Tournament Interest

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Are you interested in participating in a Tournament held at the Gladiator's Arena?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 31

Mim
Rising Hero

Re: Tournament Interest

Post by Mim » 15 Aug 2017 18:39

Amberlee wrote:
Mim wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Well you could.
But I wouldn't :)
tbh would be unfair ;)
Is it that bad?

Compared to a melee guild?
Sure.
A mage will most certainly win against a fighter at even size.
Even against bigger fighters.
Someone said it has been evened out.
I have no idea.

I still regret considerably that I did not stay and fought it out when that Nazgul chased me a couple of months ago in Moria.
I had bp, fireweed, amulet, GBS, and decent armours.
That might not have been enough to save me.
BUT I was at the uruk in Moria and the autoattacking orcs, all six of them, were pacified.
I also was testing block, so block was maxed for a merc which is not guru, but pretty high.
Now seeing him entering the room, see the 6 orcs attack him, block the exit, and go for it with the resistances I had....
Would have been fun to see if I would have lasted or not.
Shame I did not fight it out. :(

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2017 20:02

I can say from your description of what you had, that you would have died.
NO correct resist ;)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 15 Aug 2017 21:35

Amberlee wrote:I can say from your description of what you had, that you would have died.
NO correct resist ;)
Ok :)

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 15 Aug 2017 22:00

I think it would be important to come up with a way to make casters part of this, especially with the addition of the SoHM. There are many more casters than before and why cut a significant part of the player base out of the fun? As mallor stated, caster v caster is totally viable. Clearly this will take some wizard input and coordination, they can probably lend a hand at figuring out how to include magic users if we ask nicely...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Aug 2017 23:03

Dorrien wrote:I think it would be important to come up with a way to make casters part of this, especially with the addition of the SoHM. There are many more casters than before and why cut a significant part of the player base out of the fun? As mallor stated, caster v caster is totally viable. Clearly this will take some wizard input and coordination, they can probably lend a hand at figuring out how to include magic users if we ask nicely...

Speaking AS a caster.
I can't really see a way to.. hmm.
Regardless would leave it to the smaller ones.
Really are no SoHM that's even close to my size :P
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 15 Aug 2017 23:07

Amberlee wrote:
Dorrien wrote:I think it would be important to come up with a way to make casters part of this, especially with the addition of the SoHM. There are many more casters than before and why cut a significant part of the player base out of the fun? As mallor stated, caster v caster is totally viable. Clearly this will take some wizard input and coordination, they can probably lend a hand at figuring out how to include magic users if we ask nicely...

Speaking AS a caster.
I can't really see a way to.. hmm.
Regardless would leave it to the smaller ones.
Really are no SoHM that's even close to my size :P

You will not dissuade me from trying to get yall in here! Not that I have ANY power to even make this thing happen. I just think it would be fun for anyone and everyone to participate. Inclusion is key.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 16 Aug 2017 06:43

Guys, Amberlee is simply too nice to say this but she just doesn't want to beat you all up! It would be unfair!

Although she could beat me up if she wants to, LOL.

I cannot imagine us tiny SoHMs fighting really any of the other magic guild's members. When WoHM comes out maybe. But till then, I believe someone mentioned it would be a SoHM vs SoHM slug-fest. Sounds about right. Morgul Mages are too powerful... or so I've heard. duh duh duh. (chuckle)

Edit: I am sort of bumblingly suicidal as a char though so I'm in!

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 16 Aug 2017 08:31

I would really like to see how a fare against other magi. If I went against Amberlee, I think I would get her down to "Feeling well" if I am VERY lucky.

Cheers,
Luma

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 16 Aug 2017 13:50

Luma wrote:I would really like to see how a fare against other magi. If I went against Amberlee, I think I would get her down to "Feeling well" if I am VERY lucky.

Cheers,
Luma

Truthfully with the size of Amberlee against other mages..
I think most of them would experience defeat at feeling well :P
Cause there is a huge gap there.
I won't stop the rest of you though.
Would probably be fun for you :)

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 17 Aug 2017 01:12

But there is a caster with Amberlee size. Just invite Fluffy. I would give quite a nice amount of plates to see this fight. Besides looking at the list of new SoHM mages, I believe in few months we could have more uber myths mages.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/