Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alisa
Hero

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Alisa » 16 Aug 2017 20:34

Freya wrote: Having in a previous life been a max lvl thief back in the day when you had herbs giving you invis to steal with, I can just say that stealing like it is now was never possible in the past. Although back then you could steal worn/wielded items from npcs.
More than 15 years ago?
Just asking.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Aug 2017 22:42

I have never heard about any changes to global steal either for as long as I've been in the wizard community, and from a player perspective steal seem to work as it always has, as long as I can remember. I do not remember when you could steal worn and wielded items, it must have been very long ago. So if there has been changes, I doubt it's been changed any time recently, unless like Mirandus said, changes have been made without notifications. It definitely did not have anything to do with the Kender recode though.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Aug 2017 00:03

Cherek wrote:I have never heard about any changes to global steal either for as long as I've been in the wizard community, and from a player perspective steal seem to work as it always has, as long as I can remember. I do not remember when you could steal worn and wielded items, it must have been very long ago. So if there has been changes, I doubt it's been changed any time recently, unless like Mirandus said, changes have been made without notifications. It definitely did not have anything to do with the Kender recode though.

Still stealing while invis?
Stealing stacks of items?
Sort of breaks it.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 17 Aug 2017 01:03

Luma wrote:I know, from personal experience trying to steal from an NPC, that if you fail to steal from someone while using the SoHM spell, you will lose your invisibility.
There have been changes made to magical invisibility. Other forms exist that may not have been altered as they may use older code and not the standard code. If you come across any such types of invisibility please let me know and I'll look into them.

As for stealing stacks, this is a side effect of changes made to herbs so that they would heap. This was done, if you remember, so that people logging in which huge amounts of herbs wouldn't have to wait a long time for them to recover. This was done at the request over many years of those with many herbs as a convenience.

If you have concerns about stacks of herbs being stolen, store them in something that cannot and close it.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 17 Aug 2017 17:41

If you have concerns about stacks of herbs being stolen, store them in something that cannot and close it.
WAIT WHAT?! close your containers?! *boggle*

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Aug 2017 18:48

Dorrien wrote:
Limit theivery to one item. Done.

Also, quite certain this is the same asshole that was deleted and banned, sounds the same, talks about proxys and shit.

The thief, not Dorrien, he's a stuntie :P

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Aug 2017 18:48

Dorrien wrote:
Limit theivery to one item. Done.

Also, quite certain this is the same asshole that was deleted and banned, sounds the same, talks about proxys and shit.

The thief, not Dorrien, he's a stuntie :P

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 17 Aug 2017 18:54

I am seriously curious why people are so close minded to typing 'close all'... it really isn't difficult. 'get flaming sword from rack' is much harder but I bet if you had one in the racks you would not hesitate to type it.......

Ask for fix, got confirmation it is being worked on, close all until fix is fully implemented. It is so simple.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 17 Aug 2017 20:03

While we're on it, please fix the costumes as well. Somehow I doubt they were introduced for thieves to hide their real identity behind one.
Failed steal and costume is automatically removed.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 18 Aug 2017 05:57

mallor wrote:While we're on it, please fix the costumes as well. Somehow I doubt they were introduced for thieves to hide their real identity behind one.
Failed steal and costume is automatically removed.
What is the deal with the costumes? Were they an event thing? I really don't like them in general game play... but that is just my opinion.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/