Tournament Interest

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Are you interested in participating in a Tournament held at the Gladiator's Arena?

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 31

Melarec
Rising Hero

Re: Tournament Interest

Post by Melarec » 17 Aug 2017 01:25

Saimon wrote:I would give quite a nice amount of plates to see this fight.
I hear plates are a prime commodity..
I might also consider investing plates in such a fight..

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Aug 2017 04:04

Melarec wrote:
Saimon wrote:I would give quite a nice amount of plates to see this fight.
I hear plates are a prime commodity..
I might also consider investing plates in such a fight..

So would I really.
And no he is not Amberlee's size.
MUCH bigger..
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 17 Aug 2017 08:53

I created a ring for the overseer of the Arena years and years ago that allowed them to award a Tournament champions ring. I think the last time a ring was awarded was back in 2005... I could probably dust it off and clean up the code if the tournament gets formalised!

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 17 Aug 2017 14:07

I have no problem being humiliated so I will fight you Amberlee. You are probably a lot bigger by now but not by far?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Aug 2017 16:09

Chanele wrote:I have no problem being humiliated so I will fight you Amberlee. You are probably a lot bigger by now but not by far?
Hehee.
You'd be surprised.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 17 Aug 2017 17:43

For those who need some additional excitement, I'm working on a futures market. I'm planning to adapt it to allow for bets to be placed tournament results (i.e. cash settled futures contracts based on in-game observables). This is probably not going to get done in time for the next tournament, but if there's significant interest, I'd put a lot more effort behind it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Aug 2017 18:20

Ckrik wrote:For those who need some additional excitement, I'm working on a futures market. I'm planning to adapt it to allow for bets to be placed tournament results (i.e. cash settled futures contracts based on in-game observables). This is probably not going to get done in time for the next tournament, but if there's significant interest, I'd put a lot more effort behind it.

That.. Is really a cool idea.
Something that could be expanded upon and actually make a jousting arena.. Where those kinds of tournaments can be coded :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 17 Aug 2017 19:52

Ckrik wrote:For those who need some additional excitement, I'm working on a futures market. I'm planning to adapt it to allow for bets to be placed tournament results (i.e. cash settled futures contracts based on in-game observables). This is probably not going to get done in time for the next tournament, but if there's significant interest, I'd put a lot more effort behind it.
10k plats on Plukragar :D

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 17 Aug 2017 20:16

We are about to have a full blown MMA Organization here soon! Planned fights with viewing areas that are PPV and betting!! Fighters get a percentage of the total PPV and betting pot?!

I fully support this betting and futures idea. Been interested in some sort of system where I could say, looking for 1,000 skunk berries, willing to pay 1 plat each. If you have 45 skunks you can post them and get 45 plats, then someone with 300 comes along and can get 300 plats and the rest are covered by a third party and they get the remaining 655 plats in exchange for them. Would also, in theory, work in the opposite direction where I could post 1,000 whitehorn for a price I want per herb or the lot. People can see what is being sought after and what is being sold, if something being sought after falls within the same range as something being sold, the order is automatically filled, I want an FBB for 1K plats and you have one up for 950, I saved 50 plats and we both got what we want. Selling price would most likely be the variable to decide automatic order fills. If I want 7 gold coins for a potion I found and you post 5 I don't lose out on the 2 extra, I just have to wait until someone else is willing to pay my price.

This could also open up some game items to people who otherwise cannot go get them themselves due to race, alignment and guild affiliations.

Half of this is already there in the form of the AH, but it would be nice to be able to post items I would like to purchase and for how much.

My 2cc.

Ckrik
Wizard

Post by Ckrik » 17 Aug 2017 20:38

Dorrien wrote:We are about to have a full blown MMA Organization here soon! Planned fights with viewing areas that are PPV and betting!! Fighters get a percentage of the total PPV and betting pot?!

I fully support this betting and futures idea. Been interested in some sort of system where I could say, looking for 1,000 skunk berries, willing to pay 1 plat each. If you have 45 skunks you can post them and get 45 plats, then someone with 300 comes along and can get 300 plats and the rest are covered by a third party and they get the remaining 655 plats in exchange for them. Would also, in theory, work in the opposite direction where I could post 1,000 whitehorn for a price I want per herb or the lot. People can see what is being sought after and what is being sold, if something being sought after falls within the same range as something being sold, the order is automatically filled, I want an FBB for 1K plats and you have one up for 950, I saved 50 plats and we both got what we want. Selling price would most likely be the variable to decide automatic order fills. If I want 7 gold coins for a potion I found and you post 5 I don't lose out on the 2 extra, I just have to wait until someone else is willing to pay my price.

This could also open up some game items to people who otherwise cannot go get them themselves due to race, alignment and guild affiliations.

Half of this is already there in the form of the AH, but it would be nice to be able to post items I would like to purchase and for how much.

My 2cc.
The technical term for the mechanism you just described is a limit order book managed by a matching engine ;)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/