thirsty aging dwarf

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

thirsty aging dwarf

Post by gold bezie » 26 Aug 2017 08:14

The black stone door swings closed.
give water to dwarf
You give a glass of water to the thirsty aging male dwarf.
>
The thirsty aging male dwarf thunders: Ahhh, thanks again for the water.
give water to dwarf
>
give water to dwarf
>
The busy male gnome shouts: Food supplies! Get your food supplies!
give water to dwarf
>
give water to dwarf
>
give water to dwarf
>
give water to dwarf

Ive noticed this for a while now...Is there any reason the dwarf gives less to no coins?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Draugor
Myth

Re: thirsty aging dwarf

Post by Draugor » 26 Aug 2017 08:43

Aye, they lowered it ALOT

He gives eventually tho, it just takes a ton of water and you need to give it slow

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 26 Aug 2017 22:21

:o Thanks!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 28 Aug 2017 09:59

I'm glad they fixed this. Sybarun coins should be scarce and a token of appreciation, bestowing upon the receiver a kind of honor with which they can identify themselves as worthy to enter certain areas that non-natives shouldn't have so easy access to. The usage of the dwarven guard as a sybarun coin ATM always bothered me due to the unlikely nature of this happening within the fantasy setting of Avenir, while also making overabundant something that is supposed to be scarce. There are plenty of other ways to earn a sybarun coin. Buying a bunch of water to spam the dwarven guard with shouldn't be the way to earn access into the areas of Avenir which require one.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 28 Aug 2017 17:48

Dhez wrote:I'm glad they fixed this. Sybarun coins should be scarce and a token of appreciation, bestowing upon the receiver a kind of honor with which they can identify themselves as worthy to enter certain areas that non-natives shouldn't have so easy access to. The usage of the dwarven guard as a sybarun coin ATM always bothered me due to the unlikely nature of this happening within the fantasy setting of Avenir, while also making overabundant something that is supposed to be scarce. There are plenty of other ways to earn a sybarun coin. Buying a bunch of water to spam the dwarven guard with shouldn't be the way to earn access into the areas of Avenir which require one.
If the Sybarun coins are really a token of appreciation and an honour to receive, why are they just left lying around down in a dark cave free for any ogre to walk by and pick up?
I get that there needs to be some way to get them, but something a bit more thematic than that might also be in order if you have a problem with the above.
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Dhez
Great Adventurer

Post by Dhez » 29 Aug 2017 10:45

Makfly wrote:
Dhez wrote:I'm glad they fixed this. Sybarun coins should be scarce and a token of appreciation, bestowing upon the receiver a kind of honor with which they can identify themselves as worthy to enter certain areas that non-natives shouldn't have so easy access to. The usage of the dwarven guard as a sybarun coin ATM always bothered me due to the unlikely nature of this happening within the fantasy setting of Avenir, while also making overabundant something that is supposed to be scarce. There are plenty of other ways to earn a sybarun coin. Buying a bunch of water to spam the dwarven guard with shouldn't be the way to earn access into the areas of Avenir which require one.
If the Sybarun coins are really a token of appreciation and an honour to receive, why are they just left lying around down in a dark cave free for any ogre to walk by and pick up?
I get that there needs to be some way to get them, but something a bit more thematic than that might also be in order if you have a problem with the above.
Try to immerse yourself in the fantasy of the domain instead of thinking in terms of mechanics. We're talking about a venture into the Utterdark, a desolate, foul-smelling, dangerous place from which you don't know if you'll come out alive. You're confronted with remnants of old civilizations, religions, and all kinds of creatures in what turns to be a maze of tunnels leading apparently nowhere. During your travels, you encounter crates with various items crucial to your survival. Who put them there? Whose treasures are they? Is there a pattern? Does it hold any meaning? Look at the walls, inside pools, ask yourself things to make you understand your surroundings and their significance.

Otherwise explained: sure, you can find 1-2 here sometimes. Nothing comparable to the endless available amount that a guard can hand over because of design implementation flaws.

To make it more interesting: ever wondered why the guard is so thirsty?
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a challenge.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/