Where to grind on which level?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Where to grind on which level?

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2017 04:54

Tharandil wrote:I feel like the big harads should be moved to the champ-legend category
If feel that they are pretty tough if you're rh-titan.
Might just be me tho
It probably depends a lot on guilds and EQ too of course. When trying to decide which mobs belong in which level I decided to add them to the lowest level where it is _possible_ to kill them for a player with good EQ and a good guild for grinding. But mobs in a lower category can still be very good XP, and be enjoyed by bigger players too. My personal experience does tell me that a properly equipped titan, or even a hero, of a good grinder guild can manage even the big harads?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2017 05:02

Cerin wrote:One thing thats annoying me is I try to go to some of these places listed for newbies and yet most of the time there is some Ogre there killing things faster then I can read or move to try and keep ahead and kill at least something. Others have said people hunt the lower leveled mobs for quick imbuements or in ogres cases heads... some of these areas really should be level restricted or if you're killing a bunch of small fries your chance to obtain loot is removed.
A while ago I did close off one newbie area for bigger players, but this caused quite a lot of annoyance and problems instead, as experienced players were unable to show newbies around for example. We also decided it felt wrong to start closing off entire areas for the majority of our players, since it might cause other problems, for example with events that spawn items all over the world. So I opened up that area again.

I think a much better solution would be to add some code, either to these areas themselves, or to the guilds in question, for example the ogres. It would make sense to me that if you kill something that just is too small, you accidentally just smash it to a pulp, leaving no leftovers or skulls to collect. A solution like that would still keep the areas open for everyone, but they will no longer be attractive for big players, and would be left to smaller player. The only area that does something like this is the Tower of Arms in Palanthas, and the newbie area with dwarves outside Palanthas. Although I think those areas only break all the loot, but leaves ogre skulls and corpses intact?

Anyway, when it comes to ogre skulls, it's up to Gorboth since he's the designer of the guild.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 02 Aug 2017 18:05

Cherek wrote:Goodie hobgoblins sounds unusual?
right?!

I went back to take a look and they sound like pretty nice guys..

Code: Select all

> exa hobgoblin
A stinky goblin of the white-horned tribe, they are simple and harmless creatures who keep to themselves in this dark and unkind environment.
He looks like the image of perfection.
He seems to be feeling very well.
He is wielding a stone dagger in his right hand.
>
The ugly hobgoblin says: The dwarves guarding the Fort are very vigilant.
The pinkish hobgoblin says: I wish we dared approach the sybarites for help.
The timid hobgoblin says: I've never seen the Source. I hear it is beautiful.
The pinkish hobgoblin says: The ogres scare me more, though.
The stinky hobgoblin says: We're tucked away in a spot few bother with.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Aug 2017 18:30

They do sound like nice and sensitive creatures. Well, Avenir has a lot of strange things, why not nice hobgoblins!

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 04 Aug 2017 11:28

Is haven dwarf camp missing?!?
I only recently discovered/realised how excellent it can be even up to legend/early myth level.
Not for very very goodys as your alignment will drop.
But fine for neutral and evils.

When I recently decided to focus on grinding instead of standing around.
Haven was really really nice when blasting through it using darkness.
Like just very slightly below the exp gain rate of southern haradrim camp and bigger with better loot.

They are quite a small snack individually, but there are hundreds there and they respawn fast.
Need a movement script or at least triggers to attack next dwarf to ramp up efficiency.
The gold is excellent, not quite a good as barrow wights but still better than 90% of grinders.
And because you are shredding through mobs fast there is a lot of chances to find imbuements.

Key points:
*It like watching orc camp for grown ups lol.
*The rooms with higher numbers of dwarves in them are the ones inside the tents, nearly every room has a tent.
*If you are the sort of person who liked killing the gate guards in kabal using darkness, you will love it there and it is much more rewarding.
*If you don't use darkness it is still very doable, just slower and in the rooms with more dwarves actually a little hard to tank. Because they have a fast firing damage special.

*If you have attacked a dwarf already the guard will not let you pass into Colin's room while they are alive and the one at the North will not let you leave the camp (till you kill him ;). Still it could be dangerous/deadly if you were to end up wimpying around.

Your main competition for the camp will be Priest of Takhisis and Ogres.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tindell
Apprentice

Post by Tindell » 29 Aug 2017 11:17

I just went to test the Satyrs in Calia on my adventurer level human academic....they were doing down in one hit from my weapon. Not even time to get a spell off. So maybe more appropriate for lower levels?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Aug 2017 16:58

Tindell wrote:I just went to test the Satyrs in Calia on my adventurer level human academic....they were doing down in one hit from my weapon. Not even time to get a spell off. So maybe more appropriate for lower levels?
Oh. That was... quick.:) Sure, moving them down one step.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 29 Aug 2017 17:48

I haven't noticed any of the faerie graveyard grinds on this list.

Apprentice-Adventurer: Skeletons - second level

Wanderer-Adept: Zombies - first level

Adept-Expert: Spirits - third level

These fit within and between your level groups but that is because, at least for me, that is really how they grind. So I submit these for entry.

Gr-App: Skeletons
Wand-Ad: Zombies.
Gr Ad-Ex: Spirits

They are just east of the Gibberer cave.

Tindell
Apprentice

Post by Tindell » 01 Sep 2017 17:16

Just a few thoughts from today's grinding. Sarn Ford is perfect for the levels you have listed. Required a rare rest at wanderer and is smooth sailing but still good xp for adept. Decent coin too, which is important at low levels.

Kretans seem a little trickier though. If it's only two in the room a lone adept (human or tougher) I think is fine, elf will be a little beat up, but the more common 3-4 Kretan rooms are too much. I went in a team today (wanderer dwarf cadet, adept elf academic) and we had to swap in and out a lot. So perhaps next to the entry put group needed in parenthesis? I'm not sure the xp would be good enough for GA and up. I think in a team of two I was getting one lvl of progress per 4 - 5 kretans about at slightly meek. Some are bigger than others.

Anyone else tried the Kretans recently at low level?

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 01 Sep 2017 18:22

Yeah the Kretans are tricky, and can lethal if you're pushing your luck and get an avenger! Almost went down yesterday (adept merc dwarf) after clearing out the 2-to-a-rooms and moving onto a 3-kretan room without full HP. Would have been ok but a furious avenger showed up. Had to lead it on a bit of a chase while I tried to get my HP up before I could finally kill it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/