Where to grind on which level?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tindell
Apprentice

Re: Where to grind on which level?

Post by Tindell » 02 Sep 2017 14:05

I think those are the Krougs (near Calian's mountain) not the Kretans. But yes, they are mean and are definitely GA and up, which I think Cherek had them listed as.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 05 Sep 2017 19:53

OOPS you're right - will edit my post

edit: I can't edit it! well anyway, I mixed up the Krougs with the Kretans

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 04 Feb 2018 11:57

Red fang training camp made by Zignur is great Great Adventurer-Expert area.
The Kabal guards are boosted as well and fit Rising Hero-Titan/Champion-Legend ....

And dark Elves/Ogres are no longer "not for mages" ?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 05 Feb 2018 08:31

Pelargir guards? Where do they fit in to the picture? The Rohirrim in Helms Deep or Edoras?

They used to be popular grinding locations in the 90s for evils... Or are these now crappy grinds? Can they really be worse than killing kender?

I don't see Isengard on the list... never been there, but is that a non-grind area?

Pax Tharkas? Misty Mountain goblin caves?

Trollshaw trolls recently got some love. Where would they fit?

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 05 Feb 2018 09:03

Arman: One issue may bethat many NPCs were never transferred over back in the late 90ies when the statavg bonus/penalty on kills was introduced (By Boron or Shiva I think?).

That is - the XP bonus you get for killing something that has a higher statavg than you/your teams statavg or penalty for killing something with a lower avg than you/ yourteam statavg. So the NPCs would have very high combat stats but non-existant mentals (especially monstertypes such as goblins and trolls to signify their simplicity) and still decent skills and abilities (that did not depend on stats).

Essentially this means we have had historically many areas where the NPCs have great physicals but terrible mentals and still decent combat ability/posing a challenge but not at all a reward in XP matching it. That is one of the reasons Gont became such a favorite playground in the 00s, because it was one of the first places that introduced even based stats NPCs for mid level players to grind. (others have since been updated and new ones have opened since) however, there are still old areas where the challenge does not match the reward at all.

I too remember back when I always ran into smashes as a small Calian visiting Pelargir :D

Back when facing the akronym horror of a SMG/AA charge/smash, with BSA and HSC, typically they used BP and HMS!!
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 05 Feb 2018 09:06

Hektor wrote:Arman: One issue may bethat many NPCs were never transferred over back in the late 90ies when the statavg bonus/penalty on kills was introduced (By Boron or Shiva I think?).

That is - the XP bonus you get for killing something that has a higher statavg than you/your teams statavg or penalty for killing something with a lower avg than you/ yourteam statavg. So the NPCs would have very high combat stats but non-existant mentals (especially monstertypes such as goblins and trolls to signify their simplicity) and still decent skills and abilities (that did not depend on stats).

Essentially this means we have had historically many areas where the NPCs have great physicals but terrible mentals and still decent combat ability/posing a challenge but not at all a reward in XP matching it. That is one of the reasons Gont became such a favorite playground in the 00s, because it was one of the first places that introduced even based stats NPCs for mid level players to grind. (others have since been updated and new ones have opened since) however, there are still old areas where the challenge does not match the reward at all.

I too remember back when I always ran into smashes as a small Calian visiting Pelargir :D

Back when facing the akronym horror of a SMG/AA charge/smash, with BSA and HSC, typically they used BP and HMS!!
Any specific areas that fit this description? Nothing stopping a liege of a domain reviewing these areas that are currently 'dead'. It is certainly easier to tweak existing areas than code new ones.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 05 Feb 2018 11:26

Arman wrote:Pelargir guards? Where do they fit in to the picture? The Rohirrim in Helms Deep or Edoras?

They used to be popular grinding locations in the 90s for evils... Or are these now crappy grinds? Can they really be worse than killing kender?

I don't see Isengard on the list... never been there, but is that a non-grind area?

Pax Tharkas? Misty Mountain goblin caves?

Trollshaw trolls recently got some love. Where would they fit?
Helms deep are, to my knowledge, too few npcs to be considered a grind area. around 10, maybe they call more? I dont know.
Edoras is a few more, 15 to my count.
They are far away from any other site though, and will be passed very quickly compared to kenders or centaurs.

Isengaard is simple. Its a trap. There is no way out once you start killing there, except dying or quitting, so you have to leave all your gear, or get someone to come pick it up.

Pax i'd equivalate with Kurinost. I believe draconians are low-xp mobs though.
Goblin caves are also low-xp and i'd range them around RH-titan level, maybe higher, due to the very large groups they may be in.

Mount nevermind has a decent population of gnomes, that could be a grind(lowlevel). But they becomes ghostly and gives you panic, so after a few you abandon the place as it is no viable.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 06 Feb 2018 15:57

Halflings in DaBaay... GA sized mobs with crit specials. Really?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Feb 2018 21:13

Etanukar wrote:Halflings in DaBaay... GA sized mobs with crit specials. Really?
Oooh, c'mon, who doesent like to see newbies rage for beeing killed?

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 07 Mar 2018 01:32

I don't like it, you got problem with it t***?
Evil to him who evil thinks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/