One RACK to Rule them all, and in the darkness bind them. :)

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Are you a fan of having more advanced racks for all?

Great Idea - I would like to see this implemented as soon as someone can get to it.
88%
Nice Idea - Its one to consider for the future but not at the top of the list.
6%
Idea needs more work - I think there is a better way.
No votes
Not something I would be interested in.
6%

Total votes: 16

Alorrana
Myth

Re: One RACK to Rule them all, and in the darkness bind them

Post by Alorrana » 08 Jun 2010 19:37

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 08 Jun 2010 22:18

eowul wrote:One could argue that tending the racks is an excellent roleplay activity for a smith or self appointed armoury master :P
Have you been snooping me? :lol:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 08 Jun 2010 23:47

eowul wrote:One could argue that tending the racks is an excellent roleplay activity for a smith or self appointed armoury master :P
Lets make sure we have it on our new, shiny web site. Might be a huge selling point.

Always dreamed about roleplaying a warehouseman? Your dreams may come true! Join Genesis now!
You will spend a lot of quality roleplay time trying to retrieve equipment from the racks.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 09 Jun 2010 08:01

I would like a rack that kills someone who takes high end items and doesn't return them.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 09 Jun 2010 08:13

eowul wrote:
One could argue that tending the racks is an excellent roleplay activity for a smith or self appointed armoury master
Maybe what the wizards need to do is code the need for an armoury master into a generic rack that all guilds will get. And if a guild doesn't appoint an armoury master that spends a certain amount of time each army managing the racks, then any equipment that gets dropped within the guild could just be magically whisked away to other guilds which do have an armoury master.

Or maybe a wizard, when they have the time, could code a generic rack that all guilds get that has a bunch of the useful game enhancing features mentioned previously.

Or maybe, at the least, a wizard, when they have the time, could assure us players, by posting a note here perhaps, that all these cool useful and game enhancing features that some guild racks have and others don't, actually cost a lot of tax so everything is sort of balanced out and fair.

They are taxed right?....right?....

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 09 Jun 2010 08:29

Just to make everyone else jealous...

Ogres have a rack system where you simply drop stuff on the floor and it is completely sorted automatically into areas for saving weapons, non saving weapons, saving armours, non saving armours, and miscellaneous. How cool is that!!! No record of who takes what though. Thats why I use the AA racks. Nothing beats Armoury Master Tarax!! He keeps them tidy and sorted and brings down a world of pain on anyone caught stealing. Maybe the wizards just need to give every guild a Tarax...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 09 Jun 2010 09:50

More than one Tarax?
Sure there may be a few benefits, but what about the side effects! :shock:
Taraxageddon!!

It is my guess no one will be paying taxes for their racks to have fancy table display of items, sorting, history of who took what, points systems etc.
The only way your guild would likely be paying some tax is if the racks where also an armoury, automatically stocked with gear.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Makfly
Champion

Post by Makfly » 09 Jun 2010 10:14

In the old days the Knights pay taxes for their "self-saving" rack/High Armoury. I have no idea if the Knights still pay taxes on it, or if they even have it anymore, though.

It is just ironic that the Ogres have a self-sorting rack, while the AA was left with the crap racks they always had. When AA was reopened I tried my very best to persuade Novo to code us a new rack with some up-to-date functionality, but was told "no, because the AA is supposed to be chaotic"...Pfft.

It's silly that this game-play issue has been left untouched for years and years now, with only a few sporadic attempts to improve the situation for everyone.

"Can we get an Admin!?" :)
Mortimor Makfly - Gnomish Xeno-Anthropologist

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 09 Jun 2010 13:16

[Makfly wrote:]When AA was reopened I tried my very best to persuade Novo to code us a new rack with some up-to-date functionality, but was told "no, because the AA is supposed to be chaotic"[/quote]

This explains AA's "library" as well - shelves just weren't chaotic enough I guess.

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 10 Jun 2010 16:00

Greywolf wrote:Or maybe, at the least, a wizard, when they have the time, could assure us players, by posting a note here perhaps, that all these cool useful and game enhancing features that some guild racks have and others don't, actually cost a lot of tax so everything is sort of balanced out and fair.

They are taxed right?....right?....
right. does that help?

On a separate note, overall racks in the realm will get better. there is a universal rack system that has been implemented and is slowly being rolled out. It'll take some time, but eventually all guilds should have similar basic functionality.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/