Brainstorming: Dis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: Brainstorming: Dis

Post by nils » 21 Sep 2017 00:01

That's real mature Mr. Keeper. Good job.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Sep 2017 00:04

Of course! There's plenty more where that came from! Endless supply, in fact ...

Oh, and let's stay on topic now.

*activates thread-o-bot and peers at the room.*

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 21 Sep 2017 01:44

Saimon wrote:But you will have to add some messeage during meditation that will inform how your dis looks in comapre to avg. Without it players with sup stats will not be able to verify where they are in this subject...
I do wonder how this is going to be addressed. Those of us still below superior everything will know, but how will others know whether they are below/at/above average? And is there a range for each of the three levels? Below average is if you are -10 of average? At average is only if you have EXACTLY average?

I know this is still in the works and in the end it doesn't affect me at all (gobbo discipline QQ), but would be nice to know where I stack up and how I can possible prepare/adjust to the new mechanic (if it happens).

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Sep 2017 01:49

Agreed - this will be important. There may need to be a new line added to something. It could either be in the <stats> readout or somewhere else. One idea, since this deals with gear, is to place it at the end of an <appraise> readout - some way to see how your ratio is working for you.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 21 Sep 2017 07:24

I play a Neidar and have a pretty high DIS.

I just can't say how much I DISlike this idea. Wasting all that exp just for the gear not to deteriorate? Pure nonsense. To be honest I can get tons of glowing holy platemails, black sturdy greaves/bracers and headdresses/golden dragon-helms. So I dont care AT ALL if they deteriorate or not. This doesn't give me any advantage in combat WHAT SO EVER. Unlike other stats (int and wis help me defend against spells I guess).

In order to balance things out, you'd need to limit the amount of magical armours with high AC per Armageddon in the game or make them break faster/more easily. So obtaining a good armour would actually be a rare thing and breaking it would be a real shame. Then and only then your idea would make sense.

If you make it happen, dwarves still won't be on par with goblins as fighters.

Besides anyone could wear a DIS imbue and benefit from this feature.

I really hope you think this through.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Sep 2017 09:14

So Neidars already tank much better than AA, now they are also going to have indestructible gear? How is this going to be balanced on AA side?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Sep 2017 09:23

mallor wrote:So Neidars already tank much better than AA, now they are also going to have indestructible gear? How is this going to be balanced on AA side?
Meeh, wont be indestructible, I'd just want int and wis to give some sort of combat bonus, like cunning for attacks or knowing that a blow will be forthcomming from an action taken or something, would make elves and more or less all races viable for combat,

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Sep 2017 09:33

Rincon wrote:So I dont care AT ALL if they deteriorate or not.
I sure as hell would LOVE a non-dulling mbp.
Rincon wrote:If you make it happen, dwarves still won't be on par with goblins as fighters.
You're doing it wrong.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 21 Sep 2017 11:28

mallor wrote:How is this going to be balanced on AA side?
Is this guild or race affected?
Don't goblins already have a stat edge vs dwarves in dex bonus?

EDIT:
Personally I do not like this solution thematically.
A disciplined warrior does not benefit from longer lasting equipment.
He benefits in fights.
(An example could be the elite troups UK landed at the Falkland Islands during that war. Very few, but HIGHLY disciplined troups, vs the argentinian recruits who had little or no combat experience. That is disciplin in action.)

How about a small edge vs groups of monsters?
If you fight many trolls/orcs/haradrims/whatever you gain something in the fight vs those with less DIS.
Maybe a little defence/parry or maybe the less disciplined warrior looses def/parry/whatever vs many opponents? And the disciplined warrior does not lose as much.
Yes, that would be a nerf, but if it hits all in the game that might not be the worst thing ever done.
Exept that it is a nerf.

But ofc, this solution with longer lasting eq is at least one solution to an otherwise pretty useless stat.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Sep 2017 16:36

Mim wrote:
mallor wrote:How is this going to be balanced on AA side?
Don't goblins already have a stat edge vs dwarves in dex bonus?

Isn't it already balanced on guild level, because Neidars tank better? I could understand if you were talking back when DEX was king, but it's far from it now.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/