Rangers dropbrwaling Barash

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Re: Rangers dropbrwaling Barash

Post by Drazson » 17 Nov 2017 03:09

I wonder how people don't surge into our ranks since we are so op. Must be the hard to find place though, yeah.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Nov 2017 07:22

Drazson wrote:I wonder how people don't surge into our ranks since we are so op. Must be the hard to find place though, yeah.

Cause damage is king :P Okay, keep dropbrawl, but a brawled and unkilled NPC results in an instaboot from the rangers :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 17 Nov 2017 14:49

Drazson wrote:I wonder how people don't surge into our ranks since we are so op. Must be the hard to find place though, yeah.
Time to improve that reading skill, at least to AG level, no one said rangers are OP.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 17 Nov 2017 16:09

mallor wrote:Time to improve that reading skill, at least to AG level
Thank you for being so considerate, I will have that in mind.
mallor wrote:no one said rangers are OP.
You do orchestrate a little drama around our toys though and it's quite annoying.
We sacrificed power big time. Knownigly. We embrace that and keep happy (or grumpy) with our toys and RP awesomeness.
You couldn't bare it, you didn't like the lore, I don't care why you aren't one (or if you are one that is logged out forever by now), let us reap the "rewards", (which aren't as great as you make them seem) and hush for lack of ability to use better phrases.

"Recode please I'm so jealous that Rangers can both do no damage AND scream internally about it every time they try to grind xp! So f*** their utility, their trickiness, and maybe their stealth too? Oh wait that doesn't work anyway." "Give them more damage and remove the stuff that annoys me, please make them mercenaries with LOTR label!"

Avarel
Apprentice

Post by Avarel » 17 Nov 2017 18:16

I agree with Drazson. Rangers are very underpowered in most respects. We have a few useful skills/abilities which you would see taken away from us, turning us into underpowered mercs with some healing ability (or would you see the healing removed as well).

That being said, the Rangers are badly in need of a recode to up our power, but no wizard seems to want to tackle it (my understanding is the code is a true Gordian Knot, well beyond spaghetti code - and yes you don't need to say it, if I felt up to wizzing, I would and fix it myself, but I am not that competant a coder).
A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna miriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 17 Nov 2017 19:43

Drazson wrote: Thank you for being so considerate, I will have that in mind.
You are most welcome, I'm always considerate of rangers, they are my best friends.
Drazson wrote: You do orchestrate a little drama around our toys though and it's quite annoying.
We sacrificed power big time. Knownigly. We embrace that and keep happy (or grumpy) with our toys and RP awesomeness.
You couldn't bare it, you didn't like the lore, I don't care why you aren't one (or if you are one that is logged out forever by now), let us reap the "rewards", (which aren't as great as you make them seem) and hush for lack of ability to use better phrases.
Your toys are already one of the best for PvP, keeping your enemy unarmed and blinded most of the fight is powerful in my eyes, hell it's denying their specials almost entirely and most of the white damage as well. Apparently that is not enough, you want to have best weapons in game just by using a bounce-happy special on an NPC without having to kill them. Mmmm, right.
Drazson wrote: "Recode please I'm so jealous that Rangers can both do no damage AND scream internally about it every time they try to grind xp! So f*** their utility, their trickiness, and maybe their stealth too? Oh wait that doesn't work anyway." "Give them more damage and remove the stuff that annoys me, please make them mercenaries with LOTR label!"
I thought you sacrifice it willingly, doesn't sound like that to me now. Way too much "crowd control" was already fixed in most of the guilds, for instance DA with their dragonfear, which isn't stackable anymore. Same with knights' block, which could be stacked to have 0.001% chance to break. Same with DO plexus, which could be used to stun entire rooms of mobs, round-robin style. It's still not "up to standards" in rangers just because no one bothered to deal with recoding them just yet. When the time comes, those abilities will be changed inevitably, and guess where that lost caid going to be moved.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 18 Nov 2017 20:08

I've killed Barash a lot with teammates. I can't solo him yet but I've never been able to drop brawl him. I may not be one of the stronger Rangers but I'm one of the bigger ones. It must have been someone/thing else?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Nov 2017 20:31

Johnny wrote:I've killed Barash a lot with teammates. I can't solo him yet but I've never been able to drop brawl him. I may not be one of the stronger Rangers but I'm one of the bigger ones. It must have been someone/thing else?
Unwield is actually enough, then just have max steal, sneak in and out, steal <weapon> from <target>

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/