Bottchecks

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Bottchecks

Post by Draugor » 18 Nov 2017 15:35

Pasha wrote:- You are bullshit.
- No, you are.

How many years you are ?
I bet not more than 14 (even if you look 45)
Rofl, then why do you keep it up? And start it? Seriously? Stop botting instead

Pasha
Apprentice

Post by Pasha » 18 Nov 2017 16:22

You're acting like a thief who is screaming "catch a thief!".
I am not interested in further discussion with juvenile morons (like NOT you).
Understood it well ?

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 18 Nov 2017 16:44

I never seen Draugor camping at Garren, I see Pasha camping at Garren a lot. Just for the sake of argument.
On the other hand camping != botting, unless on idle trigger and attack trigger when NPC respawns.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Nov 2017 16:57

I'm just impressed that he's seen me camp Garren wich I dont have the patience for and I am aparently a bot to, despite having alot of botchecks and answered them very quickly every damn time without fail, wich is more than I can say for someone else in this thread xD

And I aint the one acting like a juvenile here :) Making shit up and calling names xD

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Nov 2017 17:02

mallor wrote:I never seen Draugor camping at Garren, I see Pasha camping at Garren a lot. Just for the sake of argument.
On the other hand camping != botting, unless on idle trigger and attack trigger when NPC respawns.
Actually, autoattacking an NPC you camp with a idle trigger is botting? Mirandus, Gorbie and Cherek, care to weigh in?

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 18 Nov 2017 19:07

Draugor wrote:
mallor wrote:I never seen Draugor camping at Garren, I see Pasha camping at Garren a lot. Just for the sake of argument.
Actually, autoattacking an NPC you camp with a idle trigger is botting? Mirandus, Gorbie and Cherek, care to weigh in?
Idle trigger with gear is already botting, as per in-game "help botting", auto attacking NPCs is a just a cherry on top of the bot-cake.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Nov 2017 21:37

I've bot-checked Pasha quite a few times Draugor, and many other players too. In general my experience is that the botting problem is a bit exaggerated. A lot of people script and half-heartedly watch the screen, and sometimes take a few minutes to respond, but it's very rare to find someone who's 100% AFK. Plenty of drowsy sleepwalkers in Genesis, but very few true zombies.:) And I did see your commune, 2 hours later, so I suspect the few other wizards on were also idle.

I don't think giving players the ability to bot check other players is a good idea, since it feels like it can easily be over-used, or used as a weapon in all sorts of player vendettas. As I've said before, we wizards can bot check now and then, but it's you players who can truly solve any problems you experience with botting and scripting. Make rules for your guilds to not allow your members to bot, don't team with people who aren't reasonably attentive, and hunt down and kill those who script/bot and steal your kills/loot. I think those three things combined would do a lot more than any bot check can. Especially since bot checks require wizards to actively hunt players, which is time consuming and not something that's overly fun to do. And of course, you need to catch a wizard who awake at the time of the "crime", which, as you know, is kind of hard. We do check suspected bots, but there's a lot you players can do to about it too.

I think A LOT of players have really poor scripts that steal kills which annoy people, and some are really borderline-bots, but I doubt we have many, if any, who turn on their script and go to bed, or go for a walk. Maybe there's some, or at least was some, but I am confident the large majority are semi-idle scripters, or sleepy team members, and considering that there are a lot of players who do that, do the players really want that behavior gone from the game at all? I am not so sure?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Nov 2017 21:54

Draugor wrote:
As long as you're at the screen and ready to respond as a real human being you're free to camp for as long as you want. It only becomes botting when you leave your computer for more than a very short break. So if you sit around with Genesis in one window and watching movies in another you can camp all day if you want. That's not botting, that's just standing there, and it's perfectly okay to sit around watching your character stand still for as long as you want.:)

We've discussed camping before, and came to the conclusion that it's pretty clear really. Just standing around with gear at for example the orc captain's place without being at the screen for 30+ min is idle-botting, which is a minor "crime", since all you do is keeping EQ from others. If you on the other hand set up a trigger to attack the NPC you're camping when it spaws, while still being AFK, then it immediately becomes combat botting, which comes with more severe consequences.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Nov 2017 23:03

Cherek wrote:I've bot-checked Pasha quite a few times Draugor, and many other players too. In general my experience is that the botting problem is a bit exaggerated. A lot of people script and half-heartedly watch the screen, and sometimes take a few minutes to respond, but it's very rare to find someone who's 100% AFK. Plenty of drowsy sleepwalkers in Genesis, but very few true zombies.:) And I did see your commune, 2 hours later, so I suspect the few other wizards on were also idle.

I don't think giving players the ability to bot check other players is a good idea, since it feels like it can easily be over-used, or used as a weapon in all sorts of player vendettas. As I've said before, we wizards can bot check now and then, but it's you players who can truly solve any problems you experience with botting and scripting. Make rules for your guilds to not allow your members to bot, don't team with people who aren't reasonably attentive, and hunt down and kill those who script/bot and steal your kills/loot. I think those three things combined would do a lot more than any bot check can. Especially since bot checks require wizards to actively hunt players, which is time consuming and not something that's overly fun to do. And of course, you need to catch a wizard who awake at the time of the "crime", which, as you know, is kind of hard. We do check suspected bots, but there's a lot you players can do to about it too.

I think A LOT of players have really poor scripts that steal kills which annoy people, and some are really borderline-bots, but I doubt we have many, if any, who turn on their script and go to bed, or go for a walk. Maybe there's some, or at least was some, but I am confident the large majority are semi-idle scripters, or sleepy team members, and considering that there are a lot of players who do that, do the players really want that behavior gone from the game at all? I am not so sure?
Funny, I never mentioned names if I recall :P He assumed it was him tho so...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 19 Nov 2017 16:05

Pasha calling other people botters.
That's kinda the pot calling the kettle black.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/