Why were the wizdays removed ?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Darken Rahl
Apprentice

Why were the wizdays removed ?

Post by Darken Rahl » 23 Nov 2017 13:37

Hello, after reading some topics, I have a question: why were the wizdays removed ?
Can't we have another wizday soon ? I looks like fun and craziness.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Why were the wizdays removed ?

Post by Cherek » 23 Nov 2017 14:18

Darken Rahl wrote:Hello, after reading some topics, I have a question: why were the wizdays removed ?
Can't we have another wizday soon ? I looks like fun and craziness.
I don't think they were removed really, but as with anything it requires a wizard to coordinate and run things, and I guess nobody has had the interest and/or time to do the work needed since the last one. We talked about it a few years ago, but decided the wizard population was simply too small for it to work, since we were just only a handful of active wizards around at the time. Things are different now though, as both the mortal and wizard population has grown considerably the last couple of of years. I too think it could be fun, but it relies on enough wizards being interested, and someone setting it up. Now that we have an active Arch of Events, perhaps it's something that could happen? That's up to Petros though.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 23 Nov 2017 20:43

How about a wizweek? Or one that lasts for one entire uptime?
Would require considerably less coordination than a single day..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Nov 2017 01:36

Melarec wrote:How about a wizweek? Or one that lasts for one entire uptime?
Would require considerably less coordination than a single day..
I think "wizday" was for more than one day in the past too? I don't remember all that much though, it's very long ago. Either way, I too think it definitely should be more than one day though, if we do it again.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 24 Nov 2017 06:15

Well wizzday requires quite a few wizards, I mean... sure, it would be fun for the entire game to hunt cherek for a day but...

petros
Site Admin

Post by petros » 24 Nov 2017 09:42

I've always thought the wiz day event was pretty cool myself. However, the logistics are such that it really requires wizards who are active enough to spend time hunting or being hunted for the duration of the event. I'll check in with the wizard force and see if there's enough interest. If not, then it'll be a rather dull event. =P

If there's high demand to hunt a particular wiz, make sure AoE team knows that too. It'll be crucial to get those wizards to participate!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 24 Nov 2017 09:51

petros wrote:If there's high demand to hunt a particular wiz, make sure AoE team knows that too. It'll be crucial to get those wizards to participate!
I think I might know a couple people who may be interested in hunting Petros and bludgeoning him with a turkey leg..
(Myself not included, of course..)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 24 Nov 2017 16:35

Anyone who is or has been AoB or AoP are probably quite high on the kill-list for most players! So I guess we're in trouble Petros. Gorboth is a must of course, even I would like to get him, and I am on his team!

Anyway, yeah it relies on enough wizards being interested. Last time when I checked around some a few years go a handful seemed interested, but like I said we didn't have that many active wizards at all. The odds are definitely better today, still the wizard population isn't big. Although a wizday might also be a fun way to lure some old wizards back, and who knows, perhaps they'll even stay after wizday/week? We do have a really large FB group with lots of old players and wizards who probably have very fond memories of old wizdays.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 24 Nov 2017 17:47

I'll wiz for this!!! :D

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 Dec 2017 00:13

Yeah - my problem is that I don't have much time to "play" the game. I could probably pop in for an hour or something on a wizday, but I doubt I'd have time to get my bearings and actually try to enjoy the situation with pvp mayhem too much. I suppose I could just show up in the town square, moon the crowd, and dare people to do their worst.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/