Magic Map for Mudlet 3

Need some help with your MUD client? Forgot your password? Get help here.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Magic Map for Mudlet 3

Post by Syrk » 24 Nov 2017 00:27

sylphan wrote:I'd also like to make the text of the chat box (the script from Findis's same post, from 11 June) larger. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!
If you wish to stick to chat box from Findis:
Scripts->Chat20170610->ChatBox->chat_area
and add line:
chat:setFontSize( 14)
where 14 is the font size.

So this whole chat_area would look like this:

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------------------
--         Put your Lua functions here.        --
--                                             --
-- Note that you can also use external Scripts --
-------------------------------------------------
function chat_area()
	sendGMCP("Core.Supports.Set [\"Comm 1\", \"Room 1\", \"Char 1\"]")
	chat_label = Geyser.Label:new({
		name = "chat_label",
		x = "650", y = "550",
		width = "575", height = "25c",
		color = "black",
	});
	chat_label:setStyleSheet([[
		border: 1px solid white;
	]])
	chat = Geyser.MiniConsole:new({
	  name="chat",
	  x="651", y="551",
	  width="573px", height="348px",
	  color="black",
	})
	chat:setFontSize( 14)
	setWindowWrap("chat", 80)
end

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 24 Nov 2017 16:55

Thank you, Syrk.

That did fix the font issue. It also pushed the whole box a bit out of alignment (purely cosmetic), but more substantially, the box no longer wraps the text, so whatever runs off the edge is inaccessible. It did wrap successfully before I made the change.

So I tried YATCO. I did nothing but download it and import it (first uninstalling Findis's chatbox). Strangely, the window for the old chatbox still appeared, but with nothing in it. The only new behavior I saw was some highlighting triggers in the main area. I haven't researched this too far, though. Maybe I missed something. For now I'm back to the old chatbox.

Thank you, and Shanoga, for being so helpful. I really appreciate it.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 24 Nov 2017 18:39

the box no longer wraps the text
Correction: It does wrap, but it runs off the edge of the box beofre doing so. Looks like resizing the window would fix it.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 26 Nov 2017 21:10

sylphan wrote:
the box no longer wraps the text
Correction: It does wrap, but it runs off the edge of the box beofre doing so. Looks like resizing the window would fix it.
If you wish to retain the box size and have bigger fonts you need to adjust the option below to lower number:

setWindowWrap("chat", 80)
so try it with 70 or 60 or else.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 27 Nov 2017 23:41

Whoosh!
It is right there, isn't it. :oops:
Thank you, Syrk, and sorry for the thick question.
I must have been tired when I was fooling with that script.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 27 Nov 2017 23:52

sylphan wrote:W
I must have been tired when I was fooling with that script.
No. You are fine the way you are. It is the forum skin's fault.
Dark grey font on light grey background is not every visible.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 19 Dec 2017 23:34

I'm still using the map script Findis posted in June. I'm pretty happy with it, but in some places, it fails to track my location - only in areas where the map is bigger than the area assigned for it, so I have to scroll to display, for example, the northern part of the plains east of Solace.

I've increased the size of the container, but that hasn't solved it. Ideas?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 19 Dec 2017 23:36

sylphan wrote:I'm still using the map script Findis posted in June. I'm pretty happy with it, but in some places, it fails to track my location - only in areas where the map is bigger than the area assigned for it, so I have to scroll to display, for example, the northern part of the plains east of Solace.

It usually means the map was designed bigger than it should be. The in game client map also needs to scroll a bit too in these cases.

Isn't a huge issue as long as its a length issue, not a width one :)

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 20 Dec 2017 01:36

Arman wrote:
sylphan wrote:I'm still using the map script Findis posted in June. I'm pretty happy with it, but in some places, it fails to track my location - only in areas where the map is bigger than the area assigned for it, so I have to scroll to display, for example, the northern part of the plains east of Solace.

It usually means the map was designed bigger than it should be. The in game client map also needs to scroll a bit too in these cases.

Yeah I don't mind the scrolling, but the map script Findis shared doesn't track my location except when I "refresh" it by scrolling up and down. The web client does this just fine. If nothing dangerous is haplening, this is just an inconvenience. If I'm messed up and wimpying all over the place, it's pretty serious.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 20 Dec 2017 06:28

sylphan wrote:
Arman wrote:

Yeah I don't mind the scrolling, but the map script Findis shared doesn't track my location except when I "refresh" it by scrolling up and down. The web client does this just fine. If nothing dangerous is haplening, this is just an inconvenience. If I'm messed up and wimpying all over the place, it's pretty serious.
Do you have an example of one of the areas? As mentioned, I modified the map in a couple of ways and I'd be curious if I am having the same issue. One of the things you can try is reducing the font size in the map settings so your container doesn't have to be huge. Looks like I dropped my font size down to size 7.:

setMiniConsoleFontSize("map_console", 7)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/