Suggestions for merc usage?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alteor
Adept

Suggestions for merc usage?

Post by Alteor » 28 Nov 2017 17:03

I am trying to insist in staying a merc blademaster for RP reasons...

This is proving a kind of a problem though...

1. no interesting abilities.

2. merc adapt outside of maybe adapting whatever skill you need in quests, and your combat skills, I can't figure what to do with it.

So, anyone has suggesions on how to use merc adapt better? What skills I can adapt that would improve my char for things outside questing? Is it possible to make a mage-ish merc? or a healer merc? or a team fighter merc?

Mim
Rising Hero

Re: Suggestions for merc usage?

Post by Mim » 28 Nov 2017 17:16

A rather poor fighter merc.
Or an exciting thief merc. A thief is not a good fighter though.
And they are not very popular if they use their talents. :)

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 28 Nov 2017 18:59

Merc nais herbalist,
Merc average tank,
Merc scout...

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 28 Nov 2017 19:22

As a merc you can switch between being a (probably below-)average BDA, Ranger, SoHM etc etc. It makes sense that, at some point, your character finds his/her calling or a new path to walk on. Possibly even shedding the sword, or just keeping it since many guilds use swords.

(I was the same as you and I understand how you feel. I actually happened upon an in-game incident that shook me and later actually went for a change in my "career").

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 28 Nov 2017 20:03

Merc/AA, a very underrated combination.
*cough* sledgehammer *cough*

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 28 Nov 2017 20:21

Alteor wrote:I am trying to insist in staying a merc blademaster for RP reasons...

This is proving a kind of a problem though...

1. no interesting abilities.

2. merc adapt outside of maybe adapting whatever skill you need in quests, and your combat skills, I can't figure what to do with it.

So, anyone has suggesions on how to use merc adapt better? What skills I can adapt that would improve my char for things outside questing? Is it possible to make a mage-ish merc? or a healer merc? or a team fighter merc?
Like I said in discord, 25 into weapon, parry and def. other 25 into whatever you want.

Can you make a mage-ish or healer merc? Sure thats the point of mercs, do whatever you want with adapt. Dump it into death spells/life spells or w/e your layman uses. But you should at all times have a 25/25/25 into a primary weapon, defence and parry. Unless you're going to run a thief or do quest stuff.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 28 Nov 2017 20:54

You have a ton of utility that can be helpful and interchangable.

You are not restricted to the RP of any other occ guilds.

You just need to use your imagination.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 29 Nov 2017 00:39

Drazson wrote:As a merc you can switch between being a (probably below-)average BDA, Ranger, SoHM etc etc. It makes sense that, at some point, your character finds his/her calling or a new path to walk on. Possibly even shedding the sword, or just keeping it since many guilds use swords.

(I was the same as you and I understand how you feel. I actually happened upon an in-game incident that shook me and later actually went for a change in my "career").
Actually i think a lot of people choose mercs for the wrong reasons.... it is only working if you have enough money and knowledge to find and pay the trainers. Then you are able to use any weapon/skill whenever you want for a small fee to max guru.
See it pure rp based: be the merc people can hire to get a good weapon or help with a quest. Or in wartimes assist a guild for money.
Be independent. Have fun. But like i said, it only works when you are big
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 29 Nov 2017 02:52

gold bezie wrote:
Drazson wrote:But like i said, it only works when you are big
I'm not big. I'm a dwarf.
It works fine for me.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 29 Nov 2017 05:16

I joined mercs for RP reasons...

I am asking how to use mercs in effective manner.

I knwo all the reasons to join mercs, I am asking HOW to use the merc habilities now.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/