Alchemy, Cooking?

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alteor
Adept

Alchemy, Cooking?

Post by Alteor » 07 Dec 2017 04:13

I found in one place a "mortar and pestle" that allow to grind herbs into cake (or says the item desc)

Anoter place has just "mortar", that can "mix" stuff into potions (or says the item desc).

and there is that quest that teaches how to make a rabbit stew...

I am wondering: do any of these features actually work well enough to be useful?

I am a merc-blademaster, so... if I need tactical flexibility in combat, I need other things, I have no spells or special skills, so I would appreciate if I could scrounge resources and make them into stuff I can use in combat (like potions)

Arman
Wizard

Re: Alchemy, Cooking?

Post by Arman » 07 Dec 2017 05:16

Alteor wrote:I found in one place a "mortar and pestle" that allow to grind herbs into cake (or says the item desc)

Anoter place has just "mortar", that can "mix" stuff into potions (or says the item desc).

and there is that quest that teaches how to make a rabbit stew...

I am wondering: do any of these features actually work well enough to be useful?

I am a merc-blademaster, so... if I need tactical flexibility in combat, I need other things, I have no spells or special skills, so I would appreciate if I could scrounge resources and make them into stuff I can use in combat (like potions)
A lot of magic guilds require potions for their spells, so the use of the mortar and alchemy skill is a regular event for them.

I've often thought how cool a craft guild would be that could make potions like those that are purchaseable in Emerald (resistance focused), even healing potions and such. The thing is craft guilds aren't supposed to provide combat aid... and potions do that. Mind, so do herbs and (self-crafted) weapons/armour... and we have guilds that support the collection/creation of those items. So why not potions?

Anyway, I guess that is a decision the Arch of Balance would need to make if a wizard ever came up with such a craft guild proposal. Until then, potion making largely remains the domain of specific magic guilds.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 07 Dec 2017 05:38

What is the alchemy shop in a certain city that doesn't have a magic guidl nearby intended for?

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 07 Dec 2017 17:29

Alteor wrote: I am wondering: do any of these features actually work well enough to be useful?

With your guild setup you can make some weak potions and check what potions do and from what ingredients were made - but i doubt you could make any useful ones yourself.
Rangers can make the same potions that are more potent and useful.
Some magic guilds use other potions for spells.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/