Gem/Torque Seemingly Unlisted Info

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zugzug
Veteran

Re: Gem/Torque Seemingly Unlisted Info

Post by Zugzug » 09 Dec 2017 11:41

gorboth wrote:Everything in my areas can usually be discovered with one bit of syntax.

<exa ...>

My favorite command. Use it, and you can find almost anything I've ever created. Once in a while you might be prompted to try something else, of course, but <exa> will get you there. Once in a while I do require a <search> but mostly not.

G.
Everything?
I found this in Middle earth while gobbling at various stuff:

Code: Select all

> look
Gorboth never finished this room! If you want to do so yourself, please feel
free!
There is an open door leading west.
A black-eyed silver-eyed wolf with you riding on him.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 11 Dec 2017 01:43

I remember doing the torque quest when it was first created by Gorboth. I was probably one of the first 10 people to finish it. I 100% found all information about how to use it, how to remove it, what it was used for by exploring the area and never from any information given to me by other players. Sooo .. yeah.. its all there.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 11 Dec 2017 15:56

Cherek wrote:

dig hole with bucket, fill hole with water from hose, swim water, search here 5 times, dig mud with hands, get gem, throw gem east, e, catch lizard with net, smash gem with lizard, collect shards, eat shards, get XP.
This nearly made me spray coffee all over the place. "Smash gem with lizard." Hilarious.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Dec 2017 19:10

sylphan wrote:
Cherek wrote:

dig hole with bucket, fill hole with water from hose, swim water, search here 5 times, dig mud with hands, get gem, throw gem east, e, catch lizard with net, smash gem with lizard, collect shards, eat shards, get XP.
This nearly made me spray coffee all over the place. "Smash gem with lizard." Hilarious.
Made me chuckle too, then I saw I was the one who wrote it years ago. Laughing at my own jokes is kind of lame? But it was pretty funny!:)

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 14 Dec 2017 13:30

Was a lot worse finding right syntax to ge rid of the torque :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/