Evil mounts

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tive
Rising Hero

Re: Evil mounts

Post by Tive » 14 Jun 2010 14:24

have you ever seen a cow riding a horse? oerr... ;P

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 14 Jun 2010 14:30

Last edited by Alorrana on 31 Aug 2010 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2010 14:32

Cherek wrote:Ogres and minotaurs riding? Nah, I dont think so, thats sounds just wrong.

Goblin... sure. A wolf-renter somewhere might be a cool thing. Allthough a wolf shouldnt be able to carry as much load as a horse, but some bag, why not? Sounds cool.

But then again, its what makes the red fang cool, wolves for everyone kinda takes away the cool factor for that guild? Besides, goblins are the best combat race there is, them not being able to visit certain places or ride horses kinda balance them a little?
Ogres and MInotaurs do not get any reduced fatigue for movement that I know of. So it would not be like they get a double bonus for riding.
Ogres are huge. If say an ogre could beat up an mumakil or a drake but instead took it as their steed that would be cool.
Minotaurs in the Krynnish sense have a large human body... So could ride a large horse with ease. Pony and they look silly.
But leading them around as pack mules fine.
The minotaur of Krynn are completely unlike and unrelated to the monsters whose name they share. They are one of the sub-races of the ogres, and although they are over seven feet tall with short red-brown to black fur covering massive muscles and horns, their faces, although reminiscent of bulls, are still humanoid. The horns of females may reach 12", and those of males are twice that long. To suggest to a minotaur that he is in any way related to a cow is to insult him dreadfully (and thus to take your life in your hands).

Minotaurs wear clothing, typically a harness and leather skirt. The harness generally carries weapons and battle decorations. Battle axes (usually double-edged) are the preferred weapon, although some use paired broad swords.

Historically, the minotaurs were oppressed by the other peoples of Krynn. Eventually they built their own kingdoms, and became great ship builders and navigators. They have a firm belief that they are the superior race, and that eventually they shall rule all of Krynn. They are ruthless in battle and harsh in justice, believing that the weak should perish that the strong may dominate. They are trained from childhood toward strength, cunning, and intelligence, coming through a rite of passage called the Circus, a ritual combat and contest. Although they have a structured government, they perceive themselves as a classless society, since anyone may become emperor by besting the emperor in single combat in the circus. They also put great value in the honor of their families.

Minotaurs and their clerics almost invariably serve the evil god they call Sargas, known as Sargonnas to those outside of the minotaurs.

Minotaurs are bonused +2 to Strength and Constitution, but take a -2 penalty to Wisdom. They have minimum strength and constitutions of 12, a minimum dexterity of 8, intelligence 5, and wisdom and charisma 3. Charisma may not exceed 16. They are unlimited as Fighers or Barbarians, and may be Rangers, Wizards of High Sorcery, or Holy Orders of the Stars, within limits.
All this time I should have been calling myself their King and not their Emperor, doh. :twisted:
Last edited by Tarax the Terrible on 14 Jun 2010 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 14 Jun 2010 14:33

One day cows have decided that they do not want to ride eachother anymore...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2010 14:34

Repeat...
To suggest to a minotaur that he is in any way related to a cow is to insult him dreadfully (and thus to take your life in your hands).

All who want to call Tarax a cow invited to do so in game :x

Sharn
Expert

Post by Sharn » 14 Jun 2010 14:57

Tarax the Terrible wrote:To suggest to a minotaur that he is in any way related to a cow is to insult him dreadfully (and thus to take your life in your hands)
Why would anyone suggest such a thing? :mrgreen:

But lets stay on topic...

I agree that more mount variety would be fun.
Wolves and wargs are classy. I have always envied red fang their wolves.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2010 15:21

Neidar stunties are all goodie goodie but would be fun to see them riding war boars around.
If anyone was anti horse riding in LoTR it was the stuntie wasn't it?

Also everyone has it easy in a RP sense.
It is VERY VERY amusing that the only people you can knock out of saddle when they are fighting mounted is the expert riders the Solamnians!
And they break armour sometimes when falling off.. Maybe the recode changed that but I hope not. :lol:

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 14 Jun 2010 16:03

I would like to see a Chariot that can be bought from Sanction or Neraka and is pulled by the slaves there. :D

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Jun 2010 16:13

Maizara wrote:I would like to see a Chariot that can be bought from Sanction or Neraka and is pulled by the slaves there. :D
Holy cow, yes!

Or maybe a palanquin/sedan-chair carried by the slaves!
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 14 Jun 2010 16:16

Would be nice for the PoT, very Diri to be carried around by slaves don't you think?
Sybarus has one to take you to the Bath House doesn't it? Also seems like an SU notion.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/