Invis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gold bezie
Expert

Re: Invis

Post by gold bezie » 01 Jan 2018 16:52

I am pretty sure the being able to steal when invisible is still working. That is the annoying part. Also do not underestimate the value of being able to sneak up to someone (and i dont mean ranger sneak up) so always be able to check your enemy out and give the first hit. But i can live with the last part.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 01 Jan 2018 23:28

gold bezie wrote:I am pretty sure the being able to steal when invisible is still working. That is the annoying part. Also do not underestimate the value of being able to sneak up to someone (and i dont mean ranger sneak up) so always be able to check your enemy out and give the first hit. But i can live with the last part.
While still possible, invisibility has a good chance of failing from such an attempt. That change has been in place for a while now. Spam stealing also doesn't work anymore... there is a cool down required between steals as well now, although it probably wasn't obvious enough (you just saw the standard fail message). That's being changed, if it hasn't been changed already.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 02 Jan 2018 01:51

Greneth wrote:
Melarec wrote:

Code: Select all

Someone licks you joyously.
Someone tries to knee XXXX.
Not very effective though.
Someone kisses XXXX gently.
XXXX yells: why did you do that?
Someone fondles XXXX absentmindedly.
XXXX yells: a-ah
Someone caresses XXXX lovingly.
XXXX yells: who is this?
Someone touches XXXX.
Really?
Emotes that involve touching someone/thing should break hidden status.. Whether invis or just hidden..
Honestly, I thought people were better than that.. This is disgusting.
Right in the middle of Sparkle, as well..
Not that I agree with what they are doing but there is an intimate off option for this very reason.

I also had inv people spam other emotes too.

Problem is not just the intimate, it is inv people can spam emote and talk crap unpunished.

One person in particular often follows me invisible while trying to be the most obnoxious as possible, can I can't do anything about that at all, I have no way to reveal invisibility, as far as I know my non-magical char have no way to reveal someone magically inv, since seemly there are no potions or herbs to do so.

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 02 Jan 2018 04:22

Steal had a brief cool-down before, but it seems it has at least been doubled now.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 02 Jan 2018 15:41

Alteor wrote:
Greneth wrote:
Melarec wrote:

Code: Select all

Someone licks you joyously.
Someone tries to knee XXXX.
Not very effective though.
Someone kisses XXXX gently.
XXXX yells: why did you do that?
Someone fondles XXXX absentmindedly.
XXXX yells: a-ah
Someone caresses XXXX lovingly.
XXXX yells: who is this?
Someone touches XXXX.
Really?
Emotes that involve touching someone/thing should break hidden status.. Whether invis or just hidden..
Honestly, I thought people were better than that.. This is disgusting.
Right in the middle of Sparkle, as well..
Not that I agree with what they are doing but there is an intimate off option for this very reason.

I also had inv people spam other emotes too.

Problem is not just the intimate, it is inv people can spam emote and talk crap unpunished.

One person in particular often follows me invisible while trying to be the most obnoxious as possible, can I can't do anything about that at all, I have no way to reveal invisibility, as far as I know my non-magical char have no way to reveal someone magically inv, since seemly there are no potions or herbs to do so.
There are ways to reveal someone, but you can always just... leave the room too. If this game is going to be catered to fixing everything that is annoying with guild abilities I got a giant list we can get started on.

Far as talking shit unpunished... I fail to see the reasoning that a guild ability needs to get nerfed due to YOUR ego and lack of game knowledge. You can get the items to reveal or just.. walk away.

If you feel it is personal harassment I hear Cherek loves AoP duties.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 02 Jan 2018 22:04

so, how I reveal invisible? not sneaking, I mean invisible.

And no, leaving the room doesn't work, I had people scry me, find my location, go where I am, and follow me around invisible (not sneaking) while talking crap and using emotes.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 02 Jan 2018 22:23

Alteor wrote:so, how I reveal invisible? not sneaking, I mean invisible.

And no, leaving the room doesn't work, I had people scry me, find my location, go where I am, and follow me around invisible (not sneaking) while talking crap and using emotes.
See 3rd option.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Jan 2018 13:51

Well, these are my suggestions for dealing with people that are bothering you:

1. Sort things out with the people you have an issue with through RP, or if that fails, an OOC talk.
2. Ignore them. Annoying people who doesn't care gets old quick.
3. Try 1 and 2 again.
4. If you feel it's harassment, and they refuse to stop even when you ask them to, contact AoP.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 03 Jan 2018 14:26

5. More consistent ways of detecting invisible players, and then kill them.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Jan 2018 16:27

Just fix the glimmerroot so invis asshats cant do this kinda crap? :P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/