Warlocks

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Saimon
Wanderer

Warlocks

Post by Saimon » 15 Jan 2018 21:55

There are many rumors about new guild called Warlocks that will replace Necromancers layman guild. And there are rumors that this guild is ready or almost ready and there is a chance it will be open soon. Can anyone tell something more about it? Any confirmation or negation? Maybe some details?

gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Warlocks

Post by gorboth » 15 Jan 2018 22:37

It is true. I do not know how close it is to being ready to open.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Jan 2018 23:40

I've reviewed it. It is in its final stages of balance checks, but will need beta testing before opening. Should be a fun layman addition.

ETA? First quarter 2018? Before xmas? (Zing!)

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 16 Jan 2018 20:21

I need to man up and wrap up this thing, and kick it out for testing.

Too much slack in the holidays.

ETA? Need to walk my dog, eat some porridge, and chew bubblegum, though, I'm all out of gum.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 17 Jan 2018 03:12

Nerull wrote:I need to man up and wrap up this thing, and kick it out for testing.

Too much slack in the holidays.

ETA? Need to walk my dog, eat some porridge, and chew bubblegum, though, I'm all out of gum.

Get crackin'!
So lazy...
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 17 Jan 2018 03:35

It seems that the guild is too far advanced in terms of coding for it to just disappear, so I choose to believe ;)

Also, don't forget that Warlocks is just one of the two (that I, at least, know of) completely neutral, completely council-free (read: big-personality-at-the-top-free) layman guilds that are close to opening.

If either of the layman guilds comes close to matching the benefits of the current top layman dog, without being beholden to any personalities, then this will be a win for the game overall.

In other words, I advocate patience.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 17 Jan 2018 05:02

Zugzug wrote:If either of the layman guilds comes close to matching the benefits of the current top layman dog, without being beholden to any personalities, then this will be a win for the game overall.
I have been hearing this sort of commentary a lot more recently. The planned opening of a few more layman guilds will provide more choice for players, which will be good. However the degree a layman guild beholdens an occupational guild should be reasonable... and if a player isn't happy with council 'personalities' there should be alternative layman options which provide roughly scaleable abilities.

What I am hearing is players don't believe this is the case, to the point that other guild councils are influenced to the detriment of their occupational guild membership to maintain their position in the layman guild... and it is not for any roleplay reason, it is because the layman guild is 'top dog' by a considerable margin. That the other layman guilds aren't really competitive options at all.

The Worshippers meet the balance guidelines set for layman magic guilds. Yet their top dog status does seem to have detrimental impact on layman choice and the broader global player experience. At least that is the perception I am getting.

So I throw it out to you all, am I reading the situation correctly? And if so to what extent? Is this likely to be resolved by more layman options? Or is there a feeling that layman magic guilds are too powerful?

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 17 Jan 2018 06:07

I saw people tell players trying to create mage-warrior chars to avoid SoHM-AA or SoHM-thornlin and just do SoHM-EW because EW physical buffs are so strong you do more physical damage as SoHM-EW than SoHM-fighterguild

But I only heard that, never tested, and dunno if it is true. But that seemly is the perception people have.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Jan 2018 06:34

Arman wrote:
Zugzug wrote:If either of the layman guilds comes close to matching the benefits of the current top layman dog, without being beholden to any personalities, then this will be a win for the game overall.
I have been hearing this sort of commentary a lot more recently. The planned opening of a few more layman guilds will provide more choice for players, which will be good. However the degree a layman guild beholdens an occupational guild should be reasonable... and if a player isn't happy with council 'personalities' there should be alternative layman options which provide roughly scaleable abilities.

What I am hearing is players don't believe this is the case, to the point that other guild councils are influenced to the detriment of their occupational guild membership to maintain their position in the layman guild... and it is not for any roleplay reason, it is because the layman guild is 'top dog' by a considerable margin. That the other layman guilds aren't really competitive options at all.

The Worshippers meet the balance guidelines set for layman magic guilds. Yet their top dog status does seem to have detrimental impact on layman choice and the broader global player experience. At least that is the perception I am getting.

So I throw it out to you all, am I reading the situation correctly? And if so to what extent? Is this likely to be resolved by more layman options? Or is there a feeling that layman magic guilds are too powerful?
Its the spells they offer, it has atleast a combo of spells for any guild, at the very least 2 spells that will boost both damage and tankability no matter your guild.
Last edited by Draugor on 17 Jan 2018 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 17 Jan 2018 06:40

Arman wrote: The Worshippers meet the balance guidelines set for layman magic guilds. Yet their top dog status does seem to have detrimental impact on layman choice and the broader global player experience. At least that is the perception I am getting.

The question i am reading is this:

Is the power of a guild more important than roleplaying a guild?
or
Are layman guild to only back up an OCC guild?

Both questions get the answer no from me.

EDIT:::
Arman wrote: So I throw it out to you all, am I reading the situation correctly? And if so to what extent? Is this likely to be resolved by more layman options? Or is there a feeling that layman magic guilds are too powerful?
Some of the matter will be resolved with more laymans.
Since there are no recoded magic laymans than EW, its hard to answer. I think the tax will balance it out, but combinations of guilds could create something very nasty.
EDIT OFF
Last edited by Alisa on 17 Jan 2018 17:20, edited 3 times in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/