View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 25 Jun 2018 05:53

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
client confusion between containers 
Author Message
Great Adventurer

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 198
While wearing a belt of pouches and a soft leather backpack, <exa pack> and <exa worn pack> actually examine the belt of pouches. Any ideas why?


21 Jan 2018 05:17
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1526
Drazson wrote:
While wearing a belt of pouches and a soft leather backpack, <exa pack> and <exa worn pack> actually examine the belt of pouches. Any ideas why?


Cause they both count as packs

Try <exa second pack> Or just get scrips from Sybarus and name them "Gear" or "Loot" and then <exa gear>, <exa loot>


21 Jan 2018 06:02
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 198
I have <nick p worn backpack> and <nick b worn belt> and fixed my aliases/triggers accordingly, it just was... uncomfortable. Recently changed to the belt. Oh well!


21 Jan 2018 06:29
Profile
Wizard
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2014 13:03
Posts: 129
Location: US West
If you want the pack to be first (aka the default) just drop your pack and pick it up again. It may have changed because of the order in which it was recovered on login. Whichever one has entered your inventory last ( OST recently) will be the one that is your "pack."


21 Jan 2018 07:10
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 198
Shanoga wrote:
If you want the pack to be first (aka the default) just drop your pack and pick it up again. It may have changed because of the order in which it was recovered on login. Whichever one has entered your inventory last ( OST recently) will be the one that is your "pack."


Oh indeed I can do that. Already getting used to the p/b/po formation though. Can't login recovery mess that up though? Will have to drop and get pack each time I guess.


21 Jan 2018 07:12
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 02 Apr 2010 09:33
Posts: 176
Location: Washington State
Refer to your backpack as backpack and give a different label to your belt of pouches. For instance, mine is pbelt. So if I want to examine my worn backpack I have to <exa backpack> then if I want to examine my belt of pouches I <exa pbelt>


22 Jan 2018 20:33
Profile
Rising Hero

Joined: 27 Jun 2011 13:20
Posts: 371
It gets much better when there's a pack lying on the ground, guess where all your items will go when you try to put them in pack.
Therefor, a very simple and easy thing to do is buy multiple packs on bazaar and label them, then always use label name instead of "pack" or "pouch".

put swords in mallorwep
put platemail in mallorarm

etc


22 Jan 2018 20:40
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 24 Jan 2016 21:27
Posts: 198
mallor wrote:
It gets much better when there's a pack lying on the ground, guess where all your items will go when you try to put them in pack.
Therefor, a very simple and easy thing to do is buy multiple packs on bazaar and label them, then always use label name instead of "pack" or "pouch".

put swords in mallorwep
put platemail in mallorarm

etc


To avoid that, since I don't have an Avenir pack and thus no labels, I use "worn backpack" in aliases triggers.


22 Jan 2018 21:10
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1526
Drazson wrote:
mallor wrote:
It gets much better when there's a pack lying on the ground, guess where all your items will go when you try to put them in pack.
Therefor, a very simple and easy thing to do is buy multiple packs on bazaar and label them, then always use label name instead of "pack" or "pouch".

put swords in mallorwep
put platemail in mallorarm

etc


To avoid that, since I don't have an Avenir pack and thus no labels, I use "worn backpack" in aliases triggers.



I couldjust show you where those packs are at a later time, work atm, but if you're awake later, they are stupidly practical.


23 Jan 2018 11:19
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.