Publicy accessible mercs jobs board

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alteor
Adept

Publicy accessible mercs jobs board

Post by Alteor » 24 Jan 2018 16:02

The mercs board is inside their guild, in a private area.

Yes I know you can sneak there but it is treated as a violation of their guild, might piss off them.

When I was a merc and wanted to advertise my services and do actual merc RP, I had to write on other guilds public boards (and got in trouble for that...)

And now as Calian wanting to hire a merc... no way to do it either.

So a simple suggestion:

A jobs related board, or a jobs system or something, so non-mercs and mercs can communicate and setup merc jobs :) Would help merc RP a lot I think :)

Draugor
Myth

Re: Publicy accessible mercs jobs board

Post by Draugor » 24 Jan 2018 17:19

Alteor wrote:The mercs board is inside their guild, in a private area.

Yes I know you can sneak there but it is treated as a violation of their guild, might piss off them.

When I was a merc and wanted to advertise my services and do actual merc RP, I had to write on other guilds public boards (and got in trouble for that...)

And now as Calian wanting to hire a merc... no way to do it either.

So a simple suggestion:

A jobs related board, or a jobs system or something, so non-mercs and mercs can communicate and setup merc jobs :) Would help merc RP a lot I think :)

Sadly mercs dont often get hired even if announcing, people usually go with people thet know, just not the way stuff is done. Especially small mercs

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 24 Jan 2018 18:31

I actually think this is a grand idea..
A public Contract board.
And add a <options merccontracts on>
This would give updates to anyone who has it turned on when a new contract is posted.

Even if it would rarely get used, it'd still be a neat option.
Could even put a contract board in several of the larger cities and need to visit each one in order to get updates from it..

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 24 Jan 2018 20:37

I think this idea, then I can start contracting out all the herbs I don't want to spend time gathering.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 08:15

There used to be a way to sign up for contracts for old mercs, in Sparkle AG. I was signed up there for years, and nobody gave a flying duck. I suppose that's why it wasn't moved over to new mercs, nobody really needs it.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 25 Jan 2018 15:58

Old Mercs had their own companies and shit though... they didn't needed a external system to get teams.

New mercs if you don't get a contract, it is a completely solo outfit.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 16:05

Alteor wrote:Old Mercs had their own companies and shit though... they didn't needed a external system to get teams.
That was never really used properly, most people just filled up their bands with seconds to have more slots in personal racks. Moreover having a band doesn't mean you actually team up.
Alteor wrote: New mercs if you don't get a contract, it is a completely solo outfit.
Main problem with mercs is that they are very versatile, but aren't really powerful enough to be an asset to the team, especially in modern Genesis, where you need to dish out DPS, or GTFO, because you're slowing down team progress.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 25 Jan 2018 16:12

Use a delivery system like the ones used for kiosk and market, then make the board available where we can ask people to kill X person, kill y ammounts of npcs (fluff and helping newbies). If a person has a bounty on his/her head then in, case a merc drops them, give their corpse something special that is deliverable back to earn the reward (Drazson's favourite book which he always carries around or something silly like that would work). Done.

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 25 Jan 2018 16:15

Still,

one the thigns I want to do for exampel is hire merc tanks. yeah, not good as a Neidar but... a merc might work.

or hire merc help to do quest (like open specific weird doors, hire merc mariner to do blodosea stuff, etc...)

or hire merc to find certain gear.

or like johnny said, hire merc herbalist (by the way, mercs are only way to be sup-guru herbalism and get certain herbs easily).

or hire merc spotter (sup guru awareness anyone? for example if you know you are being stalker by thief/ranger/sneakystuff?)

and so on.

but the list of mercs is not public, people enter and leave mercs a lot, and they have no public board, so there is no way to figure out how to contact a merc, right now either you already know them, or maybe you run around in sparkle "shouting" stuff, or write in the common board and hope someone will read it...

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 16:36

Trust me, mercs are not useful for tanking or DPSing, not nearly as other guilds that do it much better.
Mercs pale in comparison to AA tanking, I'm not even mentioning Neidars, miles away from them.
Mercs pale in comparison to BDA/RDA/Calians/Knights DPSing.
They were really designed to run as lone wolves to be sufficient at everything to survive solo, but not good enough at anything specific to be an asset to a team.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/