How to give old gear second life

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
mallor
Rising Hero

How to give old gear second life

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 15:53

Set bonuses!

Who uses green steel armors nowdays? Or glowing set from Drakmere lord? Or duo BSA, which was super popular in old days? It's easy to revive them, by giving a certain set bonus to those who wears/wields a full set. For instance, whoever uses a certain combinations of 1h swords gets speed bonus, so you have a choice of going massive damage with 2h, or less damage but more speed with dual wield. Same goes for armors, trade off in AC, but you gain resistances as set bonus.

Draugor
Myth

Re: How to give old gear second life

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2018 15:55

mallor wrote:Set bonuses!

Who uses green steel armors nowdays? Or glowing set from Drakmere lord? Or duo BSA, which was super popular in old days? It's easy to revive them, by giving a certain set bonus to those who wears/wields a full set. For instance, whoever uses a certain combinations of 1h swords gets speed bonus, so you have a choice of going massive damage with 2h, or less damage but more speed with dual wield. Same goes for armors, trade off in AC, but you gain resistances as set bonus.
Would be awesome, old gear that used to be awesome is not even picked up today, kinda makes me sad

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 25 Jan 2018 16:15

Might need to add a few items on the game, gradually, but this would be AWESOME.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 25 Jan 2018 18:07

Good idea :-)
Gets my vote.

only downside i can see, is the genesis secrecy, so i'd vote that you got a discrete msg about the bonus when equipping all.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 25 Jan 2018 19:05

Alisa wrote:Good idea :-)
Gets my vote.

only downside i can see, is the genesis secrecy, so i'd vote that you got a discrete msg about the bonus when equipping all.
If an AC bonus: When you equip the final piece of the set, there is a short description of the pieces overlaying each other or interlocking to to prevent any seams in the armour.
If magical/resistance: There is a glow or a feeling of warmth when the final piece of the set is equipped.

I like it.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2018 19:28

Ya, this would be awesome, was always tickled by the ancient armours in kabal from the knights, always liked how they looked, but they blow :<

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 19:30

Alisa wrote: only downside i can see, is the genesis secrecy, so i'd vote that you got a discrete msg about the bonus when equipping all.
Aye, similar to the messages imbues give.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2018 20:45

mallor wrote:
Alisa wrote: only downside i can see, is the genesis secrecy, so i'd vote that you got a discrete msg about the bonus when equipping all.
"As you put the codpiece on, it reacts with the leather g-string and leathervest making your groin explode with energy!!!!"

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 25 Jan 2018 20:51

Draugor wrote:"As you put the codpiece on, it reacts with the leather g-string and leathervest making your groin explode with energy!!!!"
int -3 / polearm +10

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 25 Jan 2018 20:55

Draugor wrote:
mallor wrote:
"As you put the codpiece on, it reacts with the leather g-string and leathervest making your groin explode with energy!!!!"

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/