Smithing Magic weapon

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Smithing Magic weapon

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2018 15:22

mallor wrote:Actually... why not rising the bar slightly. Let smith craft claymore-level weapons, gardeners grow their own gardens with herbs and mariners sail freely from any port in the game.
Agreed, Draconian claymores are usefull but its not something that the huge mofos are going to abuse, but make sure the mats are a challenge

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 15:47

Draugor wrote:
mallor wrote:Actually... why not rising the bar slightly. Let smith craft claymore-level weapons, gardeners grow their own gardens with herbs and mariners sail freely from any port in the game.
Agreed, Draconian claymores are usefull but its not something that the huge mofos are going to abuse, but make sure the mats are a challenge
Well I can think of one encounter they'll be glad to have a heapton of claymores... but yeah make them work to farm the mats for a heap of those...

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 25 Jan 2018 16:09

Thing is, Gardeners are EXTREMELY useful in combat.

Mainly because their "Lsomethign" command that let them find specific herbs in specific room and gather them with triggers, resulting in Gardeners stockpiling skunks (popular with tanks), resist herbs, tuo, astaldo, etc...

Specially the hability to find skunks is essential to some teams, I never saw a team do heavy grinding in Mithas without a huge stock of skunks available, thus Gardeners are literally, essential to Myth+ grinding.

Mariners also have a very interesting use, I am trying to find a Mariner to help me do the bloodsea quests and such.

Smiths... don't smith. It is crazy, it is a guild that doesn't do at all what it is supposed to do.

Again I don't want laymen level of power, (much less occ level of power). Just something like: you can craft a claymore, add a imbue to it, and because now it is magical it deals damage like a draconian sword or a holy sword.

On my sminspect list here, I rate weapons from 0 to 5, seemly player smiths top out at 3.5 with two handed weapons. "holy blade" using blue hilt is 3.8, draconian claymore (two handed) also 3.8, most popular "mid-range" magic weapons 4, 4.2...

so why not: you imbue a smith weapon, it goes from 3.5 to 4

it won't result in OP stuff, but at least now you have options, you can if you want use a smith weapon to imbue, and it will vaguely match the weaker magic weapons in power, sans their special magic (unless you use imbue to imitate it... like crafting a longsword and adding light imbue to it to imitate a holy blade)

and again, ONLY to smithed weapons. (this is repyl to the comment of FBB overimbued... of course not! what I want is the shitty iron gear smiths make imbued and slightly improved).

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 25 Jan 2018 17:44

Smiths have the ability to sharpen weapons for the whole team anywhere in the world.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2018 17:56

I'll just simplify here

He wants smiths to be able to forge a weapon, go to karkadelt and imbue an item in the device and for no other reason than "beeing a smith" gain a damagebonus on the weapon :P

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 25 Jan 2018 18:55

Arman wrote:I think everyone would agree that smithing could be better, however there are limitations to what a 'craft' guild can provide.

Craft guilds are essentially defined as:

"The craft guild gives further depth and definition of a character by providing the more ordinary professional background of a player. This guild will cover such professions (styles) as thatcher, smith, cobbler, joiner etc. The skills learnt here may not be of immediate tactical advantage. It does assist in providing an alternative to game play than combat. At the moment there's no definite list of acceptable types. The AoB will have to make judgement from case to case here."
Here's a small change that is complete flavor and I don't think would be that hard to code:
Smiths have the ability to <smplate> their items in coinage of choice. What about adding a command to <smbedazzle> their equipment with their gem(s) of choice?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2018 19:15

Imo, find a wizard willing to create mithril, steel, iron, gold, silver etc seams to mine, moria for instance could have a bunch, Gobbo caves, etc.

Items forged from pure silver, undead hurting. Mithril, (rare as shit) durability, hit and pen bonus etc. And mebbe the option to harden, balance OR serrate weapons adding durability hit or pen, not all, but ONLY from shit they forge and only if they have mastered the craft, specials for armours aswell ofc and you'd need specific items for all specials.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 25 Jan 2018 22:19

Draugor wrote:Imo, find a wizard willing to create mithril, steel, iron, gold, silver etc seams to mine, moria for instance could have a bunch, Gobbo caves, etc.

Items forged from pure silver, undead hurting. Mithril, (rare as shit) durability, hit and pen bonus etc. And mebbe the option to harden, balance OR serrate weapons adding durability hit or pen, not all, but ONLY from shit they forge and only if they have mastered the craft, specials for armours aswell ofc and you'd need specific items for all specials.
Actually, serrating an item would be interesting. It could lose a level of durability (or be more brittle as a result of the process), become a bit harder to hit with, but would cause a bit more damage.

I think mining mithril and other strange substances would just mean that everyone will have that (whatever becomes best) type of weapon, rather quickly. Unless you make this "mithril" (or whatever) hard to get to (i.e. kill a bunch of tough stuff) and make chances of getting about the same as getting a serrated obsidian halberd from Onyx (i.e. approaching zero :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Jan 2018 17:23

Zugzug wrote:
Draugor wrote:Imo, find a wizard willing to create mithril, steel, iron, gold, silver etc seams to mine, moria for instance could have a bunch, Gobbo caves, etc.

Actually, serrating an item would be interesting. It could lose a level of durability (or be more brittle as a result of the process), become a bit harder to hit with, but would cause a bit more damage.

I think mining mithril and other strange substances would just mean that everyone will have that (whatever becomes best) type of weapon, rather quickly. Unless you make this "mithril" (or whatever) hard to get to (i.e. kill a bunch of tough stuff) and make chances of getting about the same as getting a serrated obsidian halberd from Onyx (i.e. approaching zero :)
Hardening items makes em heavier etc, mithril would be mined in moria and mobs patrolling, add some actually dangerous patrolls, you MIGHT not run inte one if lucky and you might get smacked, everything has a drawback and an advantage, would add alot of dimensions tp smiths

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/