Publicy accessible mercs jobs board

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Re: Publicy accessible mercs jobs board

Post by Drazson » 25 Jan 2018 17:03

The herbalism thing I wouldn't be able to fathom as a Merc. That's an errant, not a job for a mercenary.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 25 Jan 2018 20:04

I'll pay a merc for herbs soon. starting to run low on my hoard from when I was a merc.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 25 Jan 2018 21:00

This can, in a way, be traced back to a different thread that suggested a reverse AH where people could list what they wanted. The idea wasn't limited to mercenaries. Maybe both could be implemented? Merc board for things like "help me with x quest" and a reverse AH for things like "get me this item".

Alteor
Adept

Post by Alteor » 25 Jan 2018 21:16

well... a mercs board is simple to do... boards are not hard to implement.

people wanting other stuff is overengineering things when wizards are already strained in what they can do.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 25 Jan 2018 21:26

Luma wrote:This can, in a way, be traced back to a different thread that suggested a reverse AH where people could list what they wanted. The idea wasn't limited to mercenaries. Maybe both could be implemented? Merc board for things like "help me with x quest" and a reverse AH for things like "get me this item".
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=6&t=4169

This one pretty please!

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 26 Jan 2018 09:36

mallor wrote:Trust me, mercs are not useful for tanking or DPSing, not nearly as other guilds that do it much better.
Mercs pale in comparison to AA tanking, I'm not even mentioning Neidars, miles away from them.
Mercs pale in comparison to BDA/RDA/Calians/Knights DPSing.
They were really designed to run as lone wolves to be sufficient at everything to survive solo, but not good enough at anything specific to be an asset to a team.
Are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Disgusting.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 26 Jan 2018 12:25

Melarec wrote:Are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Where did I say that?
Melarec wrote: Disgusting.
When people jump to conclusions, sure is.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 26 Jan 2018 21:58

mallor wrote:
Melarec wrote:Are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Where did I say that?
mallor wrote:Main problem with mercs is that they are very versatile, but aren't really powerful enough to be an asset to the team, especially in modern Genesis, where you need to dish out DPS, or GTFO, because you're slowing down team progress.
Not just here, but several times I've seen you and others mention how people only want the highest DPS and the best tanks.
"No point in teaming with anyone else" is one I've heard more than a couple times..
You're all running the numbers instead of playing a game.

Correct me, please, if I am wrong, but it seems that you're opposing the idea of a Mercenaries' job board with no argument other than that mercs have no place in a team.
The idea makes sense, from an RP perspective, and your argument stems from meta-gaming theories..
So, as I asked before, are you suggesting that the wizards should support meta-gaming over role playing?
Because it certainly seems that way to me..

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 26 Jan 2018 22:53

I don't see him suggesting things to wizards in this thread. he argues against a merc board because he's sad no one hired him from the old one. he says he won't hire one because they won't help on his team? WELL....fine. they didn't want to team with him anyway.

don't bait the Mallor, you know he'll bite, just let it be for now.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/