Calof/Baxter alignment?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Syrk » 29 Jan 2018 14:43

Alisa wrote:Funny how it seems most of my gear comes from good aligned. Must be a conspiracy.

But i agree, made more mobs aligned so there is possibility to fix. I only know ToA, dwarf camp, hobbits, Argos, drakmere and palanthas with easy mobs that can make you evil.
I addressed the real problem. Please do not joke but add something constructive.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 29 Jan 2018 14:57

Syrk wrote:
Alisa wrote:Funny how it seems most of my gear comes from good aligned. Must be a conspiracy.

But i agree, made more mobs aligned so there is possibility to fix. I only know ToA, dwarf camp, hobbits, Argos, drakmere and palanthas with easy mobs that can make you evil.
I addressed the real problem. Please do not joke but add something constructive.
You compare an hour in a grind zone with 5 minutes on a single npc. If you want to compare, compare wights to entire Kalaman.
You see problem with evil mobs carrying the items you want. I see a problem with good mobs carrying the items i want.

I cant recall how much those areas change alignment, just that they did when i charged through as an ogre. My align was mostly evil on all those areas, which included wights. That tells me it is possible.

Dont get snippy just because i dont support your opinion 100%, or think im making fun of you.
I had Verminaard as a quick fix to align, he's been changed as well. So i take the hard way.

Going goodby grinding ghastly keep. Dude, that argument needs to get sorted with their 0.01% evilalign.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 29 Jan 2018 15:08

Slaves under PoT Temple put you evil in the snap of a finger.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jan 2018 16:52

Arman wrote:
Zugzug wrote:Have these two sinned somewhere and are now pretty much neutral?

I also noticed that a lot of "very good" npcs are much more neutral this Armageddon, no?
Calof and Baxter are still holy. At some point code was included that reduced the killers alignment by around a quarter, outside of the alignment system... a very blunt and unbalanced approach, with no good reason for it being needed.

Having coded Calof and Kalaman over 15 years ago, I can't remember if that was something I added. Maybe to stop knights from taking those two bosses out. But having had it brought to my attention I can't think of a good reason to keep such a "penalty".

Assuming this will be done for verminaard aswell? He takes me from max damned up to foul or so :s

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 29 Jan 2018 18:40

Draugor wrote: Assuming this will be done for verminaard aswell? He takes me from max damned up to foul or so :s
He posted that he did it on the same screen :-)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Jan 2018 18:40

Syrk wrote:

I'm with Alisa here.
If you can't get to damned fast enough you're just not trying.
It's the easiest thing in the world, even for a newbie thanks to ToA.
You just have to have the know how.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jan 2018 19:22

Amberlee wrote:
Syrk wrote:

I'm with Alisa here.
If you can't get to damned fast enough you're just not trying.
It's the easiest thing in the world, even for a newbie thanks to ToA.
You just have to have the know how.

Tbh, lord drakmere is good as hell, just nuke everything in drakmere and you'll be damned no matter where you where before

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 29 Jan 2018 20:26

Getting a kill on Verminaard drops me to wicked.

I thought Arman wrote earlier that it was fixed?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 29 Jan 2018 23:36

Zugzug wrote:Getting a kill on Verminaard drops me to wicked.

I thought Arman wrote earlier that it was fixed?
He may not have reset since my fix. If it happens again, let me know :)

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 31 Jan 2018 03:34

Arman wrote:
Syrk wrote:Could a look be taken into wights too then? Is there everything allright with their alignment?
And do not forget about Verminaard.
Wights are fine. Verminaard has had the same treatment as Calof and Baxter.

Any others?
Tower of Arms in Palanthas

I went from Holy to Untrustworthy in 15 Guards.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/