Calof/Baxter alignment?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Calof/Baxter alignment?

Post by Arman » 31 Jan 2018 08:45

Greneth wrote:
Arman wrote:
Syrk wrote:Could a look be taken into wights too then? Is there everything allright with their alignment?
And do not forget about Verminaard.
Wights are fine. Verminaard has had the same treatment as Calof and Baxter.

Any others?
Tower of Arms in Palanthas

I went from Holy to Untrustworthy in 15 Guards.
Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that losing good alignment ratings is much faster than regaining it? I checked the guards and there is nothing unusual with their alignment settings. The are mid-good range with no modifiers to alignment outside of the standard system.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 31 Jan 2018 11:26

It is a lot faster, but I thought the purpose of all of this was to prevent people from swinging alignment within minutes? If its not an NPC thing then perhaps the ratio needs to be looked at?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 31 Jan 2018 13:04

Greneth wrote:It is a lot faster, but I thought the purpose of all of this was to prevent people from swinging alignment within minutes? If its not an NPC thing then perhaps the ratio needs to be looked at?
It was more a focus on npcs that provided a raw alignment boost - bypassing the alignment system - that i was interested in.

Calof, Baxter, and Verminaard all used to do that.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 31 Jan 2018 13:40

Arman wrote:
Greneth wrote:It is a lot faster, but I thought the purpose of all of this was to prevent people from swinging alignment within minutes? If its not an NPC thing then perhaps the ratio needs to be looked at?
It was more a focus on npcs that provided a raw alignment boost - bypassing the alignment system - that i was interested in.

Calof, Baxter, and Verminaard all used to do that.
Have you checked the orcs in Emerald, who all need to get killed in order to take a look at their captain?
Going there and killing those 11 (?) little dudes always screws my alignment up.

Also, perhaps, more good-aligned myth grind areas? That happen to be outside? ;)

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 31 Jan 2018 15:02

Zugzug wrote:Also, perhaps, more good-aligned myth grind areas? That happen to be outside? ;)
And do not require a Neidar Tank.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 31 Jan 2018 16:37

Seriusly, Arman, make Align linear, aka the exact same + and - remvoe all size formulas and other idiotic formulas, it will kill ALL bitching on align.

-100 for evil and +100 for goodies. Simple and noone can claim any sort of unbalance on the matter.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 31 Jan 2018 21:41

Draugor wrote:Seriusly, Arman, make Align linear, aka the exact same + and - remvoe all size formulas and other idiotic formulas, it will kill ALL bitching on align.

-100 for evil and +100 for goodies. Simple and noone can claim any sort of unbalance on the matter.
Once upon a time it was like that. And it didn't reduce the bitching, as its a pretty nonsensical system. Following lots of discussions a game design decision was made to make the alignment system more reflective (I am not saying realistic, as alignment systems based around killing in general are a whole other philosophical argument in themselves) of how a single evil act can damn you, while the path to redemption is hard.

The system isn't fair or balanced. That's a deliberate design decision. For those who define themselves as evil, they have largely a greater freedom to kill what the want. While those who see themselves as good have a narrower path they can walk before they quickly fall into the dark side :)

My personal feeling about black/white good/evil alignment is i don't like it. It isn't a very sophisticated way of looking at the world.. i prefer reputation or faction alignment systems personally.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 31 Jan 2018 21:44

Getting both : holy/damned is about as hard for both sides but as neutral I must say : getting "holy" seems to be bit more an adventure.
Not sure if getting "damned" was an "wanna to" or DAs have to be damned (not just evil) this time.

But I am pretty sure Syrk misses few spots where he easly can bring align down.
I may suggest to check "where to gring ... level" post : theres alignment of the creatures and
long time players won't have a problem to remind how much NPCs are there to slay ....

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 31 Jan 2018 22:00

Arman wrote:
My personal feeling about black/white good/evil alignment is i don't like it. It isn't a very sophisticated way of looking at the world.. i prefer reputation or faction alignment systems personally.
+1

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 03 Feb 2018 18:46

So now the Grand Grind area in Terel/Avenir became goodies playground?
Terel Trolls are evil, Dark Elves are evil, Undeads in GK are slightly evil (almost neutral).
Yes. I do see conspiracy here.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/