Combat speed

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rincon
Great Adventurer
Posts: 171
Joined: 04 Jun 2010 23:37

Combat speed

Post by Rincon » 08 Feb 2018 14:19

What do you think about adding a new feature in the 'vitals' menu, namely combat speed? At the moment checking your level of 'haste' is nearly impossible (there are indirect ways, but I don't want to reveal them here), especially when you have several items which stack. You also can't tell when you reach the 'cap'. A message saying so would be nice.

You can check how much obliviated you are, or how exhausted, thirsty, etc. I think it would be nice to check how quickly you fight in battle. Afterall, it's something you can feel and distinguish when you fight slower/faster. Just like you can feel how much intoxicated you are, tired, etc.

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 522
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Combat speed

Post by Arman » 08 Feb 2018 23:28

Gorboth's drafted something along those lines. It just needs to be added to mudlib.

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 356
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Combat speed

Post by Syrk » 09 Feb 2018 01:06

Any other enhancements/addons to gmcp that that are approved/drafted/planned?

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 356
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Combat speed

Post by Syrk » 19 Mar 2018 03:59

Code: Select all

> vitals
You are moving at an elevated pace.
Thank you. Very nice. Now what about it adding that to gmcp feed?

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 522
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Combat speed

Post by Arman » 19 Mar 2018 07:01

Syrk wrote:

Code: Select all

> vitals
You are moving at an elevated pace.
Thank you. Very nice. Now what about it adding that to gmcp feed?
We will get to it, at an extremely dulled pace.

;)

Rincon
Great Adventurer
Posts: 171
Joined: 04 Jun 2010 23:37

Re: Combat speed

Post by Rincon » 19 Mar 2018 08:25

Awesome! Much appreciated :-)

User avatar
morgzaash
Adventurer
Posts: 98
Joined: 13 Jul 2015 10:25
Location: Sopot, PL
Contact:

Re: Combat speed

Post by morgzaash » 19 Mar 2018 19:02

Great and thank you for coding it.
Now we know there's no speed like elemental speed ;)

Zugzug
Veteran
Posts: 233
Joined: 20 May 2017 15:25

Re: Combat speed

Post by Zugzug » 21 Mar 2018 17:43

morgzaash wrote:Great and thank you for coding it.
Now we know there's no speed like elemental speed ;)
I've tested all the (known to me, at least) speed items, along with a faint speed imbued item, and those give just "rapid" level. (Serrated obsidian halberd + gauntlets + robe + boots + watch + 1 faint imbue)

It seems that time between my special attacks was down by slightly over 25%, too.

Elemental speed spell alone gives "extremely rapid" line in vitals, so you're right, there is no speed like elemental speed ;)

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1780
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Combat speed

Post by Draugor » 21 Mar 2018 18:49

Zugzug wrote:
morgzaash wrote:Great and thank you for coding it.
Now we know there's no speed like elemental speed ;)
I've tested all the (known to me, at least) speed items, along with a faint speed imbued item, and those give just "rapid" level. (Serrated obsidian halberd + gauntlets + robe + boots + watch + 1 faint imbue)

It seems that time between my special attacks was down by slightly over 25%, too.

Elemental speed spell alone gives "extremely rapid" line in vitals, so you're right, there is no speed like elemental speed ;)
Kinda silly tbh that a layman guild cant boost the shit outa you that much more than 6x speed items :P

Syrk
Rising Hero
Posts: 356
Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24

Re: Combat speed

Post by Syrk » 21 Mar 2018 22:59

EW has been having it for years.
Maybe when some other layman guild, that is available to other players, has powers on similar level, it will be reasonable.

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/