A feedback on mobile website.

Discuss ideas for how to make the game better. Wizards, take note!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Berwyn
Veteran

A feedback on mobile website.

Post by Berwyn » 07 Feb 2018 23:43

Hi there!

The mobile version of the website is awfully cute, however there are only wizards in the community section! It sounds a bit egoistic as you would think you are the only ones deserving Genesis and players are only worthless wretches merely struggling to earn their names with little results; ) Perhaps a section about a population of adventure seekers would fit in there too? Also I have this tiny grey square with white G in the middle as a default favicon in my browser, could you possibly apply some of your magnificent sorcery and create a splendid Genesis icon?

Thanks a lot.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Arman
Wizard

Re: A feedback on mobile website.

Post by Arman » 08 Feb 2018 08:54

Berwyn wrote:Hi there!

The mobile version of the website is awfully cute, however there are only wizards in the community section! It sounds a bit egoistic as you would think you are the only ones deserving Genesis and players are only worthless wretches merely struggling to earn their names with little results; ) Perhaps a section about a population of adventure seekers would fit in there too? Also I have this tiny grey square with white G in the middle as a default favicon in my browser, could you possibly apply some of your magnificent sorcery and create a splendid Genesis icon?

Thanks a lot.

b.
Actually there is a drop down menu when you click on community... not just the wizards!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Feb 2018 03:33

I think Berwyn meant there's no dedicated page for "mortals", and all we have for mortals is the page named "rankings"? If that's what you meant Berwyn, what do you suggest we have on a potential "mortals" or "players" page?

As for the favicon, hmm... the favicon I see is the tiny little donut, as it always has been. I made it for the old page. However, we only have the small browser-sized favicon, and these days it's possible to add more favicons for various high resolution devices too. So my guess is that you get a default G because there is no favicon present for the size your device wants. Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot?

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 10 Feb 2018 21:34

Cherek wrote:I think Berwyn meant there's no dedicated page for "mortals", and all we have for mortals is the page named "rankings"? If that's what you meant Berwyn, what do you suggest we have on a potential "mortals" or "players" page?

As for the favicon, hmm... the favicon I see is the tiny little donut, as it always has been. I made it for the old page. However, we only have the small browser-sized favicon, and these days it's possible to add more favicons for various high resolution devices too. So my guess is that you get a default G because there is no favicon present for the size your device wants. Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot?
On mobile, Google Chrome lists a panel of your most common websites when you open a new tab. I have them highlighted in this screenshot. If I Add the webclient to my Home screen, it DOES use the fancy castle favicon thing. But the plain "G" is in my screenshot. Notice how Amazon has their "a" logo instead of a plain block "A"?
Attachments
Screenshot_20180210-112811.png
Screenshot_20180210-112811.png (147.76 KiB) Viewed 2357 times

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 11 Feb 2018 00:26

The favicon situation for the web client should be improved now.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/