The genesis we were, and the one we have become. Farewell

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: The genesis we were, and the one we have become. Farewel

Post by Draugor » 03 Apr 2018 11:59

Drazson wrote:
Draugor wrote:I'm mainly confused in whats changed in the later 3 years, not much from what I know? :P
Newbies bathed in metagaming and, thus, potentially deteriorated Genesis experience as time passes. I think it's more of a recent trend, we could very much disagree. However, whether that's the case or not, I don't think that's what the OP had an issue with.
The metagaming stuff has been for ages all the time since Skype cam tbh :P

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 03 Apr 2018 13:04

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 03 Apr 2018 13:55

Odd. To the OP, you're getting snarky responses because based on what you wrote, the issue is you got bitter, which strictly speaking is your problem, not the game's. Yet you obviously intend some critical feedback on the community, or maybe game mechanics or administration? It's impossible for us to know, because you haven't said. Be explicit if you want a meaningful response.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 03 Apr 2018 18:17

I was Gurak.
That's a nice name, you sure you don't wanna try in the Angmar's Army? I heard they have fell training and lots of treasures.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 03 Apr 2018 18:29

Berwyn wrote:
I was Gurak.
That's a nice name, you sure you don't wanna try in the Angmar's Army? I heard they have fell training and lots of treasures.

b.
Didnt you get booted from there cause of stupidity?

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 03 Apr 2018 20:52

Draugor wrote:
Berwyn wrote:
I was Gurak.

b.
Didnt you get booted from there cause of stupidity?
I was booted because Dukie couldn't bear pretendents to his precious stool. But you remember our conversation, don't you? Besides, Lord of the Lash doesn't like too much noise...So I say nothing more.

b.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Apr 2018 05:13

So yes

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 04 Apr 2018 19:24

Habeth62 wrote:I found myself logging into genesis less, and less, and less. To the point I question why it is on my mud listing. The reason, the current genesis isn't the same as I first joined. To be fair I joined rather late into the party, roughly 2014-15. However I still feel like I would rather play something else than be faced with the current genesis. For instance, you guys want an example of what I mean. When I was last logged in, Lil pacificist me broke a goblin, a elf, and a few others. I HAD anger issues, I thought them of the past. The main thing I guess I am saying is... farewell. You were a great mud, but I can no longer play you. You are far too gone down a rabbithole I cannot follow. One that frankly disgusts me as a roleplayer and a hack and slasher. I will keep on checking this forum. But I cannot log in until I am reassured my santity of mind, I need peace when playing. Not idiots and angry dolts in one. Farewell.
Seriously? I have exactly opposite... Perhaps the game doesn't tolerate you, or you're too stale.

Fix your pony tale.

:P

b.

Poultry
Apprentice

Post by Poultry » 17 Apr 2018 15:55

Genesis hasn't changed that much since the early 90s when I started. I took a 15+ year break and found it to be much the same as when I left, although with some new features and geography. The soul of the game is the same, though. So I would say perhaps the problem is in how you're approaching it. Here's some advice:

1) Get the hell out of Sparkle. Anyone idling in Sparkle is only looking for drama. Almost no serious players spend extended amounts of time there.

2) Seek out a group of people or guild who have similar roleplaying desires. Are you hardcore? Perhaps you should look at the Mages or Shadow Union. Are you a bit more relaxed in your roleplaying? Maybe SoHM or Gladiators.

3) Make friends. Team with them. Kill shit.

4) When you're tired of killing shit, or no one you know is on, go quest so you can get super big and squash annoying things that bother you.

5) But mostly, get the hell out of Sparkle.

Leti
Beginner

Post by Leti » 03 Jun 2018 08:36

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/