Suggestion of additional rules to Player Killing

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drazson
Titan

Re: Suggestion of additional rules to Player Killing

Post by Drazson » 10 Apr 2018 02:54

If wizards (or some of them that can convey the message and want/have time to do it anyway) don't join the conversation actively, stating when something is just not doable / wrong / out of the question / unbalancable / whatnot, explain why when possible and/or add their ideas so this can lead us somewhere... well, it just doesn't matter. Sincerely, there is no reason to go on about it and waste time/effort that could be used to make a good meal for our family or something that is not the mental counterpart to banging our head on a wall.

So yes, a good idea is to set up a discord server (if there isn't one such a server already) with an open invitation via the forums and well-kept ground rules (have like 5 moderators to make sure stuff doesn't go to shit, whatever). Have seperate text channels for each topic that could be debated between the playerbase and the wizards (war system, guild testing, guild reworking, whatever fits). Keep ideas visible by pinning them (use some editing here and there possibly) so people can check what's up and add/disagree, ban spammers or whoever remembers that he/she has to troll, discuss as human beings infrequently do and end up with something productive.

P.S. Excuse me if I don't seem to be adding much to the conversation. I started writing some things regarding the initial topic but I stepped on what Cherek said about available wizards etc etc and got derailed.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 10 Apr 2018 10:17

Cherek wrote:
Berwyn wrote:Stay on topic or I smash you against the wall *growls threateningly*

IMHO we should add maybe a rule stating that killing players is possible only for main characters. What you think about this?

b.
A very odd and unrealistic suggestion! And how would you even define someone's "main" character? Lots of players have several pretty equal characters.
Drazson wrote:If wizards (or some of them that can convey the message and want/have time to do it anyway) don't join the conversation actively, stating when something is just not doable / wrong / out of the question / unbalancable / whatnot, explain why when possible and/or add their ideas so this can lead us somewhere... well, it just doesn't matter. Sincerely, there is no reason to go on about it and waste time/effort that could be used to make a good meal for our family or something that is not the mental counterpart to banging our head on a wall.

So yes, a good idea is to set up a discord server (if there isn't one such a server already) with an open invitation via the forums and well-kept ground rules (have like 5 moderators to make sure stuff doesn't go to s***, whatever). Have seperate text channels for each topic that could be debated between the playerbase and the wizards (war system, guild testing, guild reworking, whatever fits). Keep ideas visible by pinning them (use some editing here and there possibly) so people can check what's up and add/disagree, ban spammers or whoever remembers that he/she has to troll, discuss as human beings infrequently do and end up with something productive.

P.S. Excuse me if I don't seem to be adding much to the conversation. I started writing some things regarding the initial topic but I stepped on what Cherek said about available wizards etc etc and got derailed.
I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. Main characters, those who are full-time, no-alts. They could possibly engage in Player Killing. So my suggestion would be this: If your not main character, you may not kill others.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 10 Apr 2018 10:28

"Tis but a scratch" - Black Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
That sums pretty well your ideas in my opp.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 10 Apr 2018 11:09

Classic ad hominem: ) You want me to smash you against the wall?
If you think my suggestion about Player Killing is ridiculous, tell as all why.

b.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 10 Apr 2018 11:44

Monty Python is actually funny.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 10 Apr 2018 11:58

Oi, off topic isn't, so adding lines to Player Killing rules is a relevant issue. Wolvenstein could you elaborate on how _you_ see it. I'm rather for the allowing something so that something else doesn't get out of control. I am wondering (again) how you see it.

b.

morgzaash
Adventurer

Post by morgzaash » 10 Apr 2018 17:25

Berwyn wrote:Classic ad hominem: ) You want me to smash you against the wall?
If you think my suggestion about Player Killing is ridiculous, tell as all why.

b.
As Cherek said : not possible
- its rule-breaking (only lieges have access to seconds-list)
- its pointless : one day i say that "1st" is my 1st char, other i change my mind and point "2nd" as my 1st char
- PK is painfull sometimes but part of this game as well and its well (very well) made (no follow scripts etc)

Have you died ? Get over it.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 10 Apr 2018 17:41

No, I just smash people. And why are you so sure it's not possible? Maybe the Elf-Liege of Shire accepts the project. Besides Player Killing is slightly dead IMHO.

b.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 10 Apr 2018 17:59

morgzaash wrote: - PK is painfull sometimes but part of this game as well and its well (very well) made (no follow scripts etc)
I (obviously) like Genesis, but PvP here is FAR from being "well made" lol.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 10 Apr 2018 18:09

It's very well made:> I just think that players don't fight :p
Player Killing is not only about assassination with consequences such as griefing, it's also competitve spirit.

b.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/