Help promote Genesis, it takes 10 seconds of your life!

Discuss ideas about promoting Genesis and inviting more players into the Genesis community
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Help promote Genesis, it takes 10 seconds of your life!

Post by Cherek » 04 Feb 2015 13:45

Okay, to keep our nice rankings on the google chrome app store it's important that everyone who likes Genesis lets google know that!

So, click this link:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fmaa?hl=en

And give us a 5 star rating. Write something if you want, that would be great, but if you dont want to, the 5 star rating is good enough. The more good ratings we get and the more users we get, the better ranking we get, which in turn leads to more new players discovering us.

We currently have 34 reviews. I am setting a goal to get over 50 before sunday this week! And I'll be nagging about it until we reach it, so better give us a 5 star rating right now if you haven't already. Yes. Now! Dont wait!

Also, while you're at it, please hit the "+1" button at the top right corner of our google chrome app window, to like us on Google+. That also helps!

And, if you want to spend another 10 seconds of your life to help Genesis, go to our webpage:
http://www.genesismud.org

And hit "like", "+1", "follow", and/or "share" our social media buttons in the top right corner.

Thanks!

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Help promote Genesis, it takes 10 seconds of your life!

Post by Cherek » 04 Feb 2015 18:30

We now have 37 reviews. 13 to go.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 09 Feb 2015 13:10

Okay, so the goal I set was to go from 34 to 50 ratings before sunday. We now have 45. We didn't quite reach the goal, but not bad either! Thanks to those helping out.

Lets keep adding 5 star ratings people! And should you happen to have multiple google accounts, dont hesitate to use them all!:)

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Jun 2018 00:43

If I go to the specific link -- it finds Genesis. But I'm having trouble locating Genesis just going to the google chrome webstore. Am I doing something wrong? Or has something changed?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jun 2018 02:34

Kitriana wrote:If I go to the specific link -- it finds Genesis. But I'm having trouble locating Genesis just going to the google chrome webstore. Am I doing something wrong? Or has something changed?
Hmm. Weird. I can't find it either when searching for it on the Chrome webstore. The link works like you say, and if you google for it, you find it immediately. I am not sure I have ever searched for it on the webstore before though, I take it you have, and you used to find it?

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Jun 2018 13:51

Correct. Have we seen a drop in traffic from the google chrome webstore?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jun 2018 19:25

Kitriana wrote:Correct. Have we seen a drop in traffic from the google chrome webstore?
Hard to say since I don't know when we stopped appearing in searches. There is a decrease, but it's gradual and looks more like the normal "summer decrease". If we suddenly got removed from search I imagine it would be a more sudden dropoff in installations.

I'll try to figure out why we don't appear in searches though, Google changed some stuff early in 2018 it seems, it might be due to that. I'll talk to Cotillion too and see if he can figure something out since he has more knowledge about the technical stuff about or chrome app.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 18 Jun 2018 20:56

im having trouble even finding us under 'mud' , 'rpg' , 'games' , or any other search criteria

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jun 2018 22:49

Kitriana wrote:im having trouble even finding us under 'mud' , 'rpg' , 'games' , or any other search criteria
Yeah i tried all sorts of things. Only way I manage to find us is by a standard google search.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 20 Jun 2018 13:16

Other muds appear in the search, perhaps, Cherek, you should assign one of your promising apprentices to do the talking.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/