How teamgrinding works

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

How teamgrinding works

Post by Draugor » 28 Jun 2018 23:33

Heya! I have a few suggestions as to how to promote teaming in the game, more specifically promote teaming with roles, tank, healer dps etc

Make big grinders produce twice the damage so a tank needs healing and DPS has a job, atm alot of people are just soloing shit like its not even there, its kinda silly tbh. All so they can max xp gains.

Would make tanking and rangers alittle more valid again

Zugzug
Veteran

Re: How teamgrinding works

Post by Zugzug » 29 Jun 2018 11:05

Draugor wrote:Heya! I have a few suggestions as to how to promote teaming in the game, more specifically promote teaming with roles, tank, healer dps etc

Make big grinders produce twice the damage so a tank needs healing and DPS has a job, atm alot of people are just soloing shit like its not even there, its kinda silly tbh. All so they can max xp gains.

I think you dropped the obligatory "nerf goblins".

A perfect team of tank/dps/healer? Knight dwarf on a warhorse with oots layman :D

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 29 Jun 2018 14:59

Draugor wrote:Heya! I have a few suggestions as to how to promote teaming in the game, more specifically promote teaming with roles, tank, healer dps etc

Is this "a few" suggestions? Not to be pedantic, but I see only one here: "make big grinders produce twice the damage." And maybe long-time players know what you mean by that, but I don't. Do big players not already do a lot more damage than smaller players? Or then, what do you mean by "big grinders"?

Maybe you have a good idea in mind, but as you've written it here, it's unclear.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 29 Jun 2018 15:05

I think Draugor means making the big grinding areas more challenging by increasing th damage output of the NPCs.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Jun 2018 15:16

Up XP as well then.
Or even better.
Make more/new grinders that support that function, with bosses that have equipment that justifies the extra effort! :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 29 Jun 2018 15:53

Amberlee wrote:Up XP as well then.
Or even better.
Make more/new grinders that support that function, with bosses that have equipment that justifies the extra effort! :)
Couldn't agree more with that even if I tried!

Perhaps even let these bosses determine when players use cheesy tactics like rescue or move behind and first try to hunt/kill the squishy healers or mages? Before trying to break through a Neidar tank, for example.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 29 Jun 2018 17:31

Cherek wrote:I think Draugor means making the big grinding areas more challenging by increasing th damage output of the NPCs.
Ah. Grinder does not equal one who grinds. So much gamespeak to learn.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2018 17:50

Cherek wrote:I think Draugor means making the big grinding areas more challenging by increasing th damage output of the NPCs.
Actually its mainly "Dont make them soloable its stupid" :P

Double damage or hell lower some of the defensive skills for non tank guilds, mobs like dragons shouldnt be soloable either to me, its stupid tbh, its a dragon, not a damn skink lizard

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2018 17:52

Amberlee wrote:Up XP as well then.
Or even better.

Actually, give a decent teambonus is what I was thinking, 2-3 people in a team should get a higher % than a 2 man team for instance, like a team for for instance 3 people could give a 20% boost over what you'd get solo, except it wont be doable solo, at all. Or without a proper tank and preferably healer, alltho get evils some sort of proper healers that are accesible

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2018 21:28

sylphan wrote:

Is this "a few" suggestions? Not to be pedantic, but I see only one here: "make big grinders produce twice the damage." And maybe long-time players know what you mean by that, but I don't. Do big players not already do a lot more damage than smaller players? Or then, what do you mean by "big grinders"?

Maybe you have a good idea in mind, but as you've written it here, it's unclear.

Big grinders such as Ghastly keep, Mithas, Qualinost etc, mythgrinder areas, smaller areas can be kept soloable alltho imo we should promote teaming and varied teaming, how how about not every damn guild have master defence :P Make more roles, making people have to make alliances with other guilds instead of the extremelly antisocial grinding of 1 person blasting an area, rinse and repeat :P Bosses with random heavy gear drops, also unsoloable ofc. Either that its 3-4 people from the same guild just heavy DPSing mithas for instance :P

And Zuggies "One dwarf knight oots" wont work since thats kinda what unsoloable means, he'd run outa mana and get [worked] over pretty fast

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/