Guilds of Genesis

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Guilds of Genesis

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2018 12:02

Alisa wrote:
Application process is a drawback as well, when we are talking guild power. Free join is quicker, and you don't need to spent time showing your knowledge in a guild. In EW you generally need to use one-two weeks on applying, more if you're an alt that logs on for 5 minutes every week(which also has a high chance of getting you removed). This time in Warlocks, Oots and Heralds are spent on doing your rituals/healing/what? and getting more spells :-)

Indeed application process is a drawback, unless you happen to be RL friends with them and get blasted through it all in 2 days like a certain someone while others need to wait for a full month and only get the tasks going when they actually mail and wonder where their application went :) And I so wonder why people consider it corrupt... and other things :P I mean its not like Warlocks have to wait.... what? 3 weeks after choosing a patron now to get all spells? And you get those on a VERY slow pace :P So... your argument is kinda dead as applicationprocesses also dont count towards power, pretty sure especially with the aforementioned example :P And since we're on components, how much of an advantage is it to get components (gems) for spells when you grind? For instance... I dont know, the added undead Calia caves that for reasons unknown drop the stuff EW needs? Also ultraevil ofc and dropping rather nice amounts of silver :)

So lets remove the app process and stupid rules then, okay dont team with undeads, let that stay :P

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 21 Jul 2018 13:32

Arman wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Arman wrote:
Is it fair that warlocks get 40% more combat aid (as do all layman magic guilds) than other layman guilds? Only if the drawback conditions are met. When reviewing the design of the warlocks in October last year spell progression/gain was something that was explicitly flagged as one of those drawbacks. On review post-opening, spells were being gained quicker than anticipated so it has been tweaked.
I do wonder what the EW drawback is :o
I do too. The principles aren't new, with the exception of one being expanded to incorporate combat aid. What I think is that initial design drawbacks become less so as the game evolves.
I've been an EW for over a decade and I'm still trying to figure out what this so called drawback is before and even after the recode. People talk about the penalties the OoTS and now Warlocks/Heralds get and I can't help but scratch my head.

Is it the herbs for components that all just happen to be extremely common except for one and littered right outside the guild halls?

Or maybe it's the gems that can be purchased in a guild gem shop that automatically restocks itself without players having to sell gems to it?

Or maybe nearly every mob in the domain dropping specific types of gems that just happen to only be useful to EW/EC.

Who knows, I don't have access to the data and code so my opinion is quite "Limited" apparently.

The application process is purely player driven, highly subjective when pointing out the fairness of it and should have absolutely nothing to do with the caid/drawbacks. Eventually other people will take over, age is a thing. And they don't have to keep that process, which then makes calling it a drawback absolutely worthless.

I would also argue as I am looking at the Herald spell list that the usefulness when comparing spells needs to be taken into account. If Guild A has spells that are HIGHLY useful to direct combat such as a spell that allows you to wear more armours, dodge better and consume less stamina coupled with a shield that has varying properties one of which being an amazing dodge put together with a spell that significantly raises ALL your physical stats or if you are big enough a very cheap and nice haste spell. And Guild B has things like... renew the herbs in the room, tell if someone is evil or not.

You have one that is a fighters wet dream with every single spell being useful and one that any newbie who doesn't know how to use the gardeners lfind or who list can use. There is a reason this guild has been pointed at for over a decade now. And its going to get even more fingers the more actual restrictions you place on other layman magic guilds while EW continues to just glide right through like they always do.

/End Whine

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2018 13:54

Huh, almost sounds... cheaty doesent it Gren? :P

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 21 Jul 2018 14:38

@Arman I told you it wouldn't stop.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 21 Jul 2018 14:46

Alisa wrote:@Arman I told you it wouldn't stop.
Course it wont. You cant have a Bratwurst for 1$ and expect people to just smile and pay 2-5$ for some knock off mixed meat hotdogs. Without saying something.

If you wanted the complaints to stop then adding on tons of annoying restrictions to lesser guilds isnt the way to go about it.
Last edited by Greneth on 21 Jul 2018 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2018 14:47

Alisa wrote:@Arman I told you it wouldn't stop.
Cranky now that the horribly balanced EW guild gets brought up to code? :P

However we're not the one's that started bitching on a certain layman :) You start crying and whining on warlocks ofc we're pointing out the massive shit that is EW, not like warlocks have a bank, gemstore, and herbstore in the guild now is it? Or NPC's that drop the gems they need in droves in the same area... or why not the herbs they need readily available just outside :P Actually, Nerull, make em available in Faerun, its only fair innit? :P
Last edited by Draugor on 21 Jul 2018 15:09, edited 2 times in total.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 21 Jul 2018 15:08

Draugor wrote:However we're not the one's that started bitching on a certain layman :) You start crying and whining on warlocks

1: Yes you are.

2: Asking why eating babies isn't evil, does not qualify as whining in my book.

A quick googling helps me.
Verb (used without object), whined, whin·ing.
1:to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.:
The puppies were whining from hunger.
2: to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way:
He is always whining about his problems.

Congratulations on hitting nr 2 in a lot of posts.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2018 15:11

Alisa wrote:
Draugor wrote:However we're not the one's that started bitching on a certain layman :) You start crying and whining on warlocks

1: Yes you are.

2: Asking why eating babies isn't evil, does not qualify as whining in my book.

A quick googling helps me.
Verb (used without object), whined, whin·ing.
1:to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.:
The puppies were whining from hunger.
2: to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way:
He is always whining about his problems.

Congratulations on hitting nr 2 in a lot of posts.
1. Who started whining about warlocks again? :P EW hadnt been mentioned in ages, you opened this can of worms

2. Eating babies completely nukes you'r align, the act is evil and it does count as it :P

Gotta love how wanting the same limits and advantages for the same powers is whining :P

And why would you define yourself in this thread? :P

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 21 Jul 2018 15:25

Draugor wrote: 1. Who started whining about warlocks again? :P EW hadnt been mentioned in ages, you opened this can of worms

2. Eating babies completely nukes you'r align, the act is evil and it does count as it :P

Gotta love how wanting the same limits and advantages for the same powers is whining :P

1: The question was why Nr 2 didn't work, as Nr 2 apparently does now. Or did you forget it was changed?
Do try to keep up with which order changes and questions happen.

Now, which of my comments are you asking about how i define myself?
1:I was AA in the 90's ?
2:Stop coding things against draugor?
3:I told you it wouldn't stop?
4:Or the explanation about the original code?

My answer is:
1:Joking, but also telling the truth.
2:Joking
3:Being a wise-ass.
4:Explaining, WITHOUT commenting on other guilds.

Honestly, only a extremely biased person, or someone very....... could read those as a whine :-)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2018 15:55

Alisa wrote:
Draugor wrote: 1. Who started whining about warlocks again? :P EW hadnt been mentioned in ages, you opened this can of worms

1: The question was why Nr 2 didn't work, as Nr 2 apparently does now. Or did you forget it was changed?
Do try to keep up with which order changes and questions happen.

Now, which of my comments are you asking about how i define myself?
1:I was AA in the 90's ?
2:Stop coding things against draugor?
3:I told you it wouldn't stop?
4:Or the explanation about the original code?

My answer is:
1:Joking, but also telling the truth.
2:Joking
3:Being a wise-ass.
4:Explaining, WITHOUT commenting on other guilds.

Honestly, only a extremely biased person, or someone very....... could read those as a whine :-)
Well unlike you admit my bias :) I'm quite prone to balance :P But hey, if it means EW starts needing 3 weeks after joining to get their spells... gogo completely fair, you see, since you're also extremelly biased, but not balancewise (and yes, I have pointed out inbalances of guilds I'm in quite often)

Ofc it wont stop since there is so much shit of that caliber in Calia overall and especially the calia guilds :P All we need is Calians getting their own healspell and they have litterally everything :P

And I ignore your so called jokes since you tend to try making it look like its a joke once you realize you're in the wrong :P Eating babies IS evil and it reflects as such on the align, try staying neutral and be a follower of baba zirana, please do it :P

I wonder if the EC's have a similar system withtitles since WoHS are apparently going to be extreme when it comes to maxing out titles... Arman might wanna take a look at that aswell : ]

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/