PC Gamer to feature Genesis

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: PC Gamer to feature Genesis

Post by Cherek » 06 Aug 2018 11:56

Zugzug: Bah.:) Anyway, I know I helped derail us a little but I could not help myself. Now let's get back to the topic. Screenshots.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 Aug 2018 22:43

Cherek wrote:Zugzug: Bah.:) Anyway, I know I helped derail us a little but I could not help myself. Now let's get back to the topic. Screenshots.
Screenshots is the other thread - but ... yes! I would love to see some.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 06 Aug 2018 22:55

Gorboth: Oh. Right, my bad. Back to the general PC Gamer topic then!:)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 15 Aug 2018 03:43

I have had the opportunity to read the first draft of the article that will be submitted tomorrow to PC Gamer for (hopeful) inclusion in some future edition of their printed UK magazine. The author tells me that he does not know whether it might also be published in the US Edition, but it sounds possible.

Reading the article put me in the best mood I've experienced in many years. In fact, I was wiping away a few tears as I drove home from work thinking about it.

I'm going to hold off on complete emotional meltdown until I hold the article in my trembling fingers (we still exist on hope alone that this will actually get published.) But I will say this ... if this article gets published it will be a happening that exceeds the scope of even my own wildest dreams.

Fingers crossed, my friends ...
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 15 Aug 2018 10:35

Cherek and I proofread and offered feedback on the article, which has now been redrafted and finalized and submitted to PC Gamer. The final version is improved in terms of accuracy, and includes a few important mentions that were missing from the original (like mentioning Lars!)

It is good beyond hope, people. As good as it probably ever could be in terms of this type of exposure.

I have no idea what this will mean, or whether we have any guarantee of publication. I've asked. I'll let you know what I hear.

In the meantime, if you're like me, try not to lose your mind.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 15 Aug 2018 23:32

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
Might I also express my support for the idea of allowing people herbing to respond on the nline.

Darken Rahl
Apprentice

Post by Darken Rahl » 18 Aug 2018 12:22

gorboth wrote:Cherek and I proofread and offered feedback on the article, which has now been redrafted and finalized and submitted to PC Gamer. The final version is improved in terms of accuracy, and includes a few important mentions that were missing from the original (like mentioning Lars!)

It is good beyond hope, people. As good as it probably ever could be in terms of this type of exposure.

I have no idea what this will mean, or whether we have any guarantee of publication. I've asked. I'll let you know what I hear.

In the meantime, if you're like me, try not to lose your mind.

G.
Do you have any ETA on a preview of the article ? Do you get to see a preview of the article before it is publiced ?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Aug 2018 18:11

Darken Rahl,

Read up three and four posts? ;-)

What Cherek and I read was exactly that.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 18 Aug 2018 23:59

gorboth wrote:Darken Rahl,

Read up three and four posts? ;-)

What Cherek and I read was exactly that.

G.
Wait, does that mean that the screenshots of del rimmon squirells sniffing at @@ansalon_krynn_dragonfear@@ and scampering away uninterested are no longer needed? :D

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Aug 2018 14:14

Correct, but a standing order persists for limericks about Zugzug.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/