What should a guild have for it's type?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Daerin
Apprentice

Re: What should a guild have for it's type?

Post by Daerin » 19 Sep 2018 15:25

Nerull wrote: If we make things "right" by also dumping the size of players (since they gained the size due to a bug), in order to make this right for new players, we would also need to invoke a global nerfs on character size. While this may seem fair to new players, I think this will totally alienate our current playerbase.

This has my vote!

Now the "soft cap" might even work.

Let the lynching begin

Rangar
Beginner

Post by Rangar » 19 Sep 2018 17:11

How about gradually, let's say over a period of two years, increasing white hits power to effectively decrease special power back to 100%, while at the same time gradually increasing all npc stats, so that a troll with a 100 stat average will have a 270 stat average in 24 months' time? If I'm picturing this correctly, this would allow old and new smaller players alike to catch up to the supermyths, while they would gradually slowly lose power. This would effectively be "boiling the frog by slowly increasing the temperature", or, in other words, the nerf would be not very noticeable from day to day, while effective at the end.

Tulasi
Beginner

Post by Tulasi » 19 Sep 2018 17:25

Rangar wrote:How about gradually, let's say over a period of two years, increasing white hits power to effectively decrease special power back to 100%, while at the same time gradually increasing all npc stats, so that a troll with a 100 stat average will have a 270 stat average in 24 months' time? If I'm picturing this correctly, this would allow old and new smaller players alike to catch up to the supermyths, while they would gradually slowly lose power. This would effectively be "boiling the frog by slowly increasing the temperature", or, in other words, the nerf would be not very noticeable from day to day, while effective at the end.
Ingenious idea... Now, since this is a coding job that probably takes a couple of coders full time and quite a while to accomplish, and we have voulentairy coders who keep our great world alive, this would have to be done by hired in help. You planning to pay for it?

Remember, to solve such a problem as this is code-wise, it has to be an easy solution that requires little or no work, as well as not costing the game a noticeable amount of its players.

I guess the only actual solution is to go as suggested by the wizards previously, increase the amount of cAid from specials allowed with 2.7 times, and then recode those specials that don't provide this to accomodate this. Sucks, but such is life in a world where one can't just pour money on a problem...

Code: Select all

What's up with every big-player area being alignment nerfed from evil mobs to neutral or almost neutral while the good mobs stay good?

Examples like Ghastly Keep undeads and Terel Trolls can be mentioned on the "why are these almost neutral?"

Tommo
Beginner

Post by Tommo » 19 Sep 2018 18:18

not sure if its totally relevant- but when was the last time player size /levels were increased? When I stopped playing in the 90's myth didn't even exist? it didn't seem to do any harm bringing in a level above legend at that time- any harm in looking again and seeing if this could ease the problem? (it could in my mind but my mind works in a very odd way)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 19 Sep 2018 18:28

Tommo wrote:not sure if its totally relevant- but when was the last time player size /levels were increased? When I stopped playing in the 90's myth didn't even exist? it didn't seem to do any harm bringing in a level above legend at that time- any harm in looking again and seeing if this could ease the problem? (it could in my mind but my mind works in a very odd way)

Not that far after -02 or so if I recall?

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 19 Sep 2018 19:20

Hmm I think I started in '04 and there were myths. But I had a terribly hard time trying to navigate through the character creation processes (those damn mirrors) and I don't think I made it out of the hobbiton church my first log in.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 19 Sep 2018 19:45

Tommo wrote:not sure if its totally relevant- but when was the last time player size /levels were increased? When I stopped playing in the 90's myth didn't even exist? it didn't seem to do any harm bringing in a level above legend at that time- any harm in looking again and seeing if this could ease the problem? (it could in my mind but my mind works in a very odd way)
Adding a new mortal level after myth you mean? That's just a cosmetic thing, not sure in what way it would be helpful here..? Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant?

Tommo
Beginner

Post by Tommo » 19 Sep 2018 19:59

Cherek wrote:
Adding a new mortal level after myth you mean? That's just a cosmetic thing, not sure in what way it would be helpful here..? Or maybe I misunderstood what you meant?

was just chewing around in my head that if in some way players up to a new level were just left as is, but post a new set of challenges /effects on play were to come into force to make post myth players have a more challenging time to progress.. basically accept what is now (for the majority) but to continue (which a fair selection of people would be affected) would need to work within a slightly different constraint.. means no one is penalised and everyone has somewhere to grow.

I can see this being more complex and controversial than other suggestions however so probably a non starter..

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 19 Sep 2018 20:09

You should rather make the stat-avg requirement for reaching myth smaller.

And while you're at it, remove the rankings from the homepage.
Perhaps people will then again begin to focus on something else than being the biggest.

That is at least how it looks to me is happening.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 19 Sep 2018 22:16

Thalric wrote:And while you're at it, remove the rankings from the homepage.
Perhaps people will then again begin to focus on something else than being the biggest.
Don't want to worry about size? Don't. Enjoy the game on your terms. I don't see what other people's being size-queens or size-kings has to do with your enjoyment of the game. But if people want to get off on being biggest ... let them? Don't see how it's possible or even preferable to legislate something like that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/