If the game were nerfed ...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

If a balance bug-fix nerfed all specials, spells, and heal effects to 37% of current power levels:

Good move - I'd keep playing, even though I'd be weaker
42%
Not sure - I'd see what it was like, might stay, might not.
26%
Hate it - I don't want to be weaker! I would quit.
33%

Total votes: 86

Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: If the game were nerfed ...

Post by Manglor » 04 Oct 2018 23:09

Johnny wrote:It wouldn't widen the gap in regards to it being tougher to get bigger faster.
This is all sorts of wrong, and you know it :) The principles to growth, as you pointed out, will remain constant but the speed at which one will grow will be forever altered. This will exacerbate the already nearly-impossible task of "catching the biggies."

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 04 Oct 2018 23:20

Sounds like we just need a good ole fashioned player wipe.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 05 Oct 2018 05:10

Manglor wrote:
Johnny wrote:It wouldn't widen the gap in regards to it being tougher to get bigger faster.
This is all sorts of wrong, and you know it :) The principles to growth, as you pointed out, will remain constant but the speed at which one will grow will be forever altered. This will exacerbate the already nearly-impossible task of "catching the biggies."
Exp. Rate * time = size. The "nerf" only changes 1 of the 2 variables. Play longer than others and you can gain that size to catch up.

What I was trying to say with my previous post is the size difference between big and small will be much more noticeable with the special nerf.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Oct 2018 06:16

Johnny wrote:
Manglor wrote:
Exp. Rate * time = size. The "nerf" only changes 1 of the 2 variables. Play longer than others and you can gain that size to catch up.

What I was trying to say with my previous post is the size difference between big and small will be much more noticeable with the special nerf.

Wich is why... we nuke combat xp O_O

Daerin
Apprentice

Post by Daerin » 05 Oct 2018 16:48

Draugor wrote:
That is what I've been saying. Nerf combat xp. Cut 50% or more of our combat xp and you'll see that it will be easier to catch up. The biggest people will still be big in comparison with others.

And one other thing, do people vote for what is good for them or for the game? What is good for the game is the nerf as I see it. Better balance, more challenging, encourage teaming (this is a multi game after all) and solve the issue that players are op compared to NPC.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 05 Oct 2018 18:09

Daerin wrote:
Draugor wrote: And one other thing, do people vote for what is good for them or for the game?
Ofc ppl vote for what's good for them :)

The funniest part is when they try to rationalize it as 'good for the game' (a.k.a: my way of playing the game is better than yours!)

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 05 Oct 2018 18:16

Kvator wrote:
Daerin wrote:
Draugor wrote: And one other thing, do people vote for what is good for them or for the game?

The funniest part is when they try to rationalize it as 'good for the game' (a.k.a: my way of playing the game is better than yours!)
No one's going to argue with you, because you play the character you want to play, regardless of its "power." I've always been impressed with your commitment to RP and the character...we could all take a page from your book. Edit: This was aimed at Kvator as a compliment.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 05 Oct 2018 20:07

Kvator wrote:
Daerin wrote:

My vote is based mostly on personal interest and concern about my guild. I also think that many people experiencing what they'll perceive as a step backward (rather than, say, perceiving formerly "easy kills" as a fun new challenge) will be really bummed out, maybe to the point of quitting. I feel like it's pretty easy to separate the one rationale as self-interest and the other as not.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Oct 2018 20:07

Daerin wrote:
Draugor wrote:
That is what I've been saying. Nerf combat xp. Cut 50% or more of our combat xp and you'll see that it will be easier to catch up. The biggest people will still be big in comparison with others.

And one other thing, do people vote for what is good for them or for the game? What is good for the game is the nerf as I see it. Better balance, more challenging, encourage teaming (this is a multi game after all) and solve the issue that players are op compared to NPC.

Nononono, 100% nuke on Combat xp. Might aswell :o

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 08 Oct 2018 07:21

Draugor wrote:
Daerin wrote:
Draugor wrote:

Nononono, 100% nuke on Combat xp. Might aswell :o

I totally agree, let's start over but also add a penalty for every year has passed since creation !!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/