New System for Items that Save

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: New System for Items that Save

Post by Amberlee » 19 Sep 2018 15:11

I agree, we need more money sinks.
Of course, we have imbuements that are a money sink.
However what about an enchanter?
A place you could pay platinum for minor magical enhancements on items, even existing magical ones?
Would be a pure money sink since it wouldn't be a player run economy like the auction house.
Possible features could perhaps be to fully repair even broken items, put an enchantment of choice on the item.
Sky is the limit for this one.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Sep 2018 15:15

We already have an enchanter.

As for repair - I agree. I'd like to see this implemented, as per my original idea for how to do the more complex build with three repairs possible on an item until it is destroyed. We'll see how this goes.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 19 Sep 2018 16:59

What about iron stones.
Are they going to stay the way they are now?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 19 Sep 2018 17:19

Make non dulling items last for one armageddon reset, still makes them worth to imbue and you have alot of nice useage for em, the only change from now is that you need to be lucky to find a saver in the start of arma :P

Fairlight
Apprentice

Post by Fairlight » 19 Sep 2018 22:26

Why don't you just include the add_xp command and be done with it all ?

It's what ya all want anyway.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 20 Sep 2018 12:03

gorboth wrote:We already have an enchanter.

As for repair - I agree. I'd like to see this implemented, as per my original idea for how to do the more complex build with three repairs possible on an item until it is destroyed. We'll see how this goes.

G.

An enchanter that is perhaps lesser quality than imbuements and more available.
As for the repair, I like what you're saying there :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 08 Oct 2018 17:55

I've heard on Discord that formerly common items (e.g., ancient mithril chainmail) are now rarer, and not only that, but as their number in the realms increases, they get rarer still. Is this true?

If so, don't we have a problem with people hoarding these to keep them forever rare, rather than periodically? Conceivably, a person or guild could make it his or her mission to collect the maximum number of such items allowable in the entire game, and if that person never used them ... they'd last forever?

Or do items still perish with Armageddon?

Also, what is the function of racks now?

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 09 Oct 2018 09:45

sylphan wrote:I've heard on Discord that formerly common items (e.g., ancient mithril chainmail) are now rarer, and not only that, but as their number in the realms increases, they get rarer still. Is this true?

If so, don't we have a problem with people hoarding these to keep them forever rare, rather than periodically? Conceivably, a person or guild could make it his or her mission to collect the maximum number of such items allowable in the entire game, and if that person never used them ... they'd last forever?

Or do items still perish with Armageddon?

Also, what is the function of racks now?
There are still items that have a limited number of 'instances' in the world (for example, if there are already 5 spawned, then one of those would need to get broken for another one to get a chance to spawn on an npc).

I don't know how it works from the standpoint of code, but unless it is possible to change something in one place (globally) like with the equipment always saving, I don't see it fixed for everything, there are probably just too many items that have been forgotten about/are from inactive domains, etc.

Racks are a place where you hoard such items now, btw :)

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 09 Oct 2018 15:06

Zugzug wrote:Racks are a place where you hoard such items now, btw :)
Given that each of us can keep on her person quite a few cherished items, and for a very long time now, doesn't this hoarding seem problematic? Especially since in effect people can use racks to now keep game items entirely out of circulation for the rest of the realms ... for eternity? I'm curious what others are finding, in terms of the effects of this change.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 09 Oct 2018 17:57

sylphan wrote: Given that each of us can keep on her person quite a few cherished items, and for a very long time now, doesn't this hoarding seem problematic? Especially since in effect people can use racks to now keep game items entirely out of circulation for the rest of the realms ... for eternity? I'm curious what others are finding, in terms of the effects of this change.
Join the guild that has been hoarding the equipment. Strike deals with guilds to buy the items you want off them.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/