Malus' post on Sparkle board not on the forum?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zedex
Beginner

Re: Malus' post on Sparkle board not on the forum?

Post by Zedex » 24 Oct 2018 18:55

Mersereau wrote:
Kvator wrote:I really don't know what's the problem.

You want to rp? Do it.
You want to grind? Do it.
You want to do both? Do it.

This "I can't grind effectively.....please purge all!!!" attitude is quite lame.
This.
Yeah you can do that, but this game will never be vibrant again. For it you need to be able to compete, you can't.
Most people are not lifeless husks that can grind 24/7 and here comes disadvantage. (And some of those 24/7 people are actually responsive no matter the time of a day SIC!)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 24 Oct 2018 19:21

Zedex wrote:
Mersereau wrote:
Kvator wrote:I really don't know what's the problem.

You want to rp? Do it.
You want to grind? Do it.
You want to do both? Do it.

This "I can't grind effectively.....please purge all!!!" attitude is quite lame.
This.
Yeah you can do that, but this game will never be vibrant again. For it you need to be able to compete, you can't.
Most people are not lifeless husks that can grind 24/7 and here comes disadvantage. (And some of those 24/7 people are actually responsive no matter the time of a day SIC!)
If you are not '24/7 lifeless husk' (more like - 'you can't grind properly', since grinding is super easy nowadays) then you can enjoy other parts of Genesis - RP, socializing, adventuring etc. This is advantage Genesis have over other strictly competitive games.

And by the way - 'Competitive' aspect of Genesis is just a very small part of the game (remove the 'rankings' and it's basically all gone lol).

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Oct 2018 22:09

Zedex wrote:... this game will never be vibrant again.
I would argue that it feels extremely vibrant right now. But, well, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 25 Oct 2018 08:57

1) I notice someone who is a notorious outlaw for my guild. I keep spying and summon reinforcements. We drop on him/her cause RP right? 10 hits and we're dead. Acting like our characters, even being considerate instead of charging in or something proved very rewarding :)
2) Ranger/Dwarf meets Orc/MM in a boat -> Insta fight, RIGHT? But... no you just tap your feet cause yey RP, nobody wants the drama or mortal levels are too different and who cares. Maybe MM drops a darkness or make the air chilly while the ranger "hides" (they do see you mate...). Such incredible RP moments overall.
3) I'm a (good) hobbit and an evil character I meet passes me an elven head. I'm shocked unsure how to react for a moment, then I'm passed a hobbit one. "This is correct!", he/she said. Realistically, I should flee (such an RP experience with that ending!). On the other hand, I could probably charge him/her while crying, I guess. 2nd choice gets me dead cause I'm small and again RPing is very cool.

There is no RP. Sparkle, every boat from it and each dock arrival would be a fighting pit if we were acting like our characters. At the very least you would be hearing insults and threats everywhere cause we're all enemies with they other half of the population rp wise. If nobody but Carlsan was around to stop you, would you casually walk past a person who killed 2 of your friends the previous week? Or even someone who you know has been farming NPCs of your race.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 25 Oct 2018 13:13

Drazson wrote:1) I notice someone who is a notorious outlaw for my guild. I keep spying and summon reinforcements. We drop on him/her cause RP right? 10 hits and we're dead. Acting like our characters, even being considerate instead of charging in or something proved very rewarding :)
2) Ranger/Dwarf meets Orc/MM in a boat -> Insta fight, RIGHT? But... no you just tap your feet cause yey RP, nobody wants the drama or mortal levels are too different and who cares. Maybe MM drops a darkness or make the air chilly while the ranger "hides" (they do see you mate...). Such incredible RP moments overall.
3) I'm a (good) hobbit and an evil character I meet passes me an elven head. I'm shocked unsure how to react for a moment, then I'm passed a hobbit one. "This is correct!", he/she said. Realistically, I should flee (such an RP experience with that ending!). On the other hand, I could probably charge him/her while crying, I guess. 2nd choice gets me dead cause I'm small and again RPing is very cool.

There is no RP. Sparkle, every boat from it and each dock arrival would be a fighting pit if we were acting like our characters. At the very least you would be hearing insults and threats everywhere cause we're all enemies with they other half of the population rp wise. If nobody but Carlsan was around to stop you, would you casually walk past a person who killed 2 of your friends the previous week? Or even someone who you know has been farming NPCs of your race.
1 - If you want to RP fighter then you should....fight (grind). I kind of agree that there should be some kind of bonus for numbers when fighting (when you fight multiple enemies your defences should drop or something among these lines).
2 - What's the problem with size differences If ppl dont want drama anyway?
3 - If you are hobbit then you prolly should shit ur pants or run away in such situations (for reference see Nazguls visiting Shire in first movie or read how whole Shire was terrorized by two bums in third book)

Summary - seems like requirement for 'dedication' in order to grow is kind of good thing after all? Otherwise we'll have some kind of plug and grief gameplay.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 25 Oct 2018 15:14

Drazson wrote:1) I notice someone who is a notorious outlaw for my guild. I keep spying and summon reinforcements. We drop on him/her cause RP right? 10 hits and we're dead. Acting like our characters, even being considerate instead of charging in or something proved very rewarding :)

It reads to me like you are confusing roleplay with rolepvp.

In all the interactions the Fellowship had with the Nazgul in the novels... more often than not it didn't involve fighting. A lot of running and hiding. The odd torch waving. The Nazgul didn't do a lot of rampaging or fighting either. Creepy stalky stuff.

As for being passed a hobbit or elven head, that could be seen as a cultural gift. The halflings of Athas are notorious head-hunters... perhaps it was a case of mistaken identity?

“Be wary of the forest ridge. The halflings who live there would as soon eat you alive as look at you. Chances are you won’t even notice them until you’ve become the main course.” ―Mo’rune, half‐elven ranger

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/