Dragonfear paralysis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Dragonfear paralysis

Post by Arman » 08 Dec 2018 11:33

Hi all,

I've revisited the 20 year old dragon fear code for npcs and have disabled the paralysis function of it, which would make it impossible for a player to enter any commands (including movement and wimpying) for the duration of the paralysis.

With dragon npcs more prevalent in the warfare system, it was resulting in some pretty 'un-fun' experiences, where - combined with dragonarmy soldier npc dragon summons - players were getting almost perma-paralysed.

This doesn't affect the Dragonarmy guild dragon fear, as that doesn't use the same code (and doesn't paralyse).

Cheers,
A.K

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Re: Dragonfear paralysis

Post by Raelle » 08 Dec 2018 15:39

Thank you, thank you, thank you

A bit of paralysis could be manageable but this was just out of control

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 08 Dec 2018 17:05

Raelle wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you

I suppose you were not here when theese kind of multiple stacking paralyzes could be used by players with dragons.
Those were deathtraps indeed and also used like that.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 08 Dec 2018 17:17

Mim wrote:
Raelle wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you

I suppose you were not here when theese kind of multiple stacking paralyzes could be used by players with dragons.
Those were deathtraps indeed and also used like that.
Memories of the Calian Roundabout come to mind :)

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 09 Dec 2018 15:44

Arman wrote:Hi all,

I've revisited the 20 year old dragon fear code for npcs and have disabled the paralysis function of it, which would make it impossible for a player to enter any commands (including movement and wimpying) for the duration of the paralysis.

With dragon npcs more prevalent in the warfare system, it was resulting in some pretty 'un-fun' experiences, where - combined with dragonarmy soldier npc dragon summons - players were getting almost perma-paralysed.

This doesn't affect the Dragonarmy guild dragon fear, as that doesn't use the same code (and doesn't paralyse).

Cheers,
A.K
Knights block provides for some very 'un-fun' experiences and people can get almost perma-paralysed - i.e. not being to move from one spot, please take it out asap. Thank you.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 09 Dec 2018 16:51

Zugzug, we're talking about the war plains, where you could have slaughtered a paralyzed Neidar or two before this change (if you had bothered to spend any time exploring the new war system)

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 09 Dec 2018 19:41

Raelle wrote:Zugzug, we're talking about the war plains, where you could have slaughtered a paralyzed Neidar or two before this change (if you had bothered to spend any time exploring the new war system)
Don't feed the trolls ;)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 10 Dec 2018 06:42

Zugzug wrote:

Cheers,
A.K
Knights block provides for some very 'un-fun' experiences and people can get almost perma-paralysed - i.e. not being to move from one spot, please take it out asap. Thank you.

You do know the difference between war-plains and player ability? :P

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 10 Dec 2018 12:22

Draugor wrote:
Zugzug wrote:

Cheers,
A.K

You do know the difference between war-plains and player ability? :P
Oh, players lost the ability to cast real (and useful in pvp) dragonfear back when you were still little, that's why you probably don't remember it. The (already-pitiful) guards in Sanction now have lost it too, so, by applying the same rationale, the knights at VK gate (for example) should not be able to block people in.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/