Recovery

Need help with quests? Maybe just some advice on which guilds to choose? This is the forum for you. Note that you must be a validated player to view this forum. (Note: Quest help should come in the form of helpful suggestions/hints, but not direct solutions/walkthrough info.)
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Recovery

Post by Thalric » 01 Jan 2019 23:31

There is something I have wondered.

Say that my character has some stats that I like to keep, divided in a specific order.
like epic, immortal, immortal, supreme, immortal, supreme.

we say that character is a human

if my character then dies and I want to recover him to the stats he had before, how do I do that?
do i set my learning preferences to evenly, or do I have to focus on those stats that were biggest before?

or is it entirely impossible for me to reach the same stats after a death, since the learning preferences has changed a bunch the first time I got them?
does anyone have any real knowledge on this?

sylphan
Veteran

Re: Recovery

Post by sylphan » 02 Jan 2019 17:52

If you had a ratio you were happy with when you died, I'd say keep them even, assuming that your current stats are in the same ratio but lower. This is my best guess.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 02 Jan 2019 18:27

Do was sylphan says to keep the same stats but recovery only gets you to the same brute level you were at when you died. There is generally some additional grinding into the brute level needed to get you back to the same stat levels before you died.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Jan 2019 19:31

Recovery is active until you have reached the same amount of total XP you had before you died. How you set your stat focus does not really matter since it only counts the actual XP you gain. When you gain XP, your brutality level and guild tax percentages first determines how much you can keep and how much is lost due to brutality and guild taxes. After that, your stat focus is used to turn the remaining XP into stats, which makes you grow as a character.

So, in short, changing your stat focus after death is a good way to re-arrange your stats and is commonly used when people for example want to go from being a fighter to being a caster, or vice versa, but regardless of how you set your stats you will always benefit the same from recovery.

Hope I managed to explain it so it makes sense...:)

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 05 Jan 2019 00:19

Yes and no...

The question was to know how I get back to the exact same stats as I had before death?

I know how recovery works, in terms of xp.. it's the stats-settings I am unsure about.

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 05 Jan 2019 00:27

I don't think there's an easy answer, Thalric, at least as far as I understand things. Since no one knows precisely what your stat preferences were, at what point, and for how long - including you, probably - I think your best bet is to keep things even, but, as Johnny notes, keep an eye on things. Every fanta or so, take a look, and tweak things if they seem to need it.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Jan 2019 03:08

Thalric wrote:Yes and no...

The question was to know how I get back to the exact same stats as I had before death?

I know how recovery works, in terms of xp.. it's the stats-settings I am unsure about.
Ah right, now I understand what you mean. Well, that's trickier. To be honest with you I am not certain either. But I am assuming that if you had your main focus on for example STR and CON for your entire life, and die, you should keep your focus on STR and CON, and you'll have the exact same stats when recovered? That's how I always figured it was at least. But if you've changed your focus a lot lately, and then die, I am not sure you can get back to the exact same stats since you can't know exactly how much you put into each stat before you died. This is just an educated guess on my part though. :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/