Krynn warfare system

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
sylphan
Veteran

Re: Krynn warfare system

Post by sylphan » 16 Dec 2018 17:29

This sounds interesting. Should produce good opportunities for alliances, conflicts, and roleply in general. Thanks, Arman!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 16 Dec 2018 23:39

Makfly wrote:
Arman wrote:The Mad Baron of the Langtree Mercenary Company has opened a recruitment office just outside of Newports, signing adventurers up as supporters on behalf of the various armies competing on the battlefields of Krynn.

If you are interested in participating, go have a chat with him!

Cheers,
A.K
Thanks for making this new system that lets everyone join in!

I did find it a bit odd, though, that members of School of High Magic is (mostly, layman depending) relegated to only supporting the Free People. You'd think that a good aligned SoHM would be allowed to support Knights, Neidar and an evil SoHM would be allowed to support the Dragonarmies.

It's fun that even the Gnomish Tinkerers with barely any members are specifically listed, but SoHM which is/used to be fairly big is not. :-)
Heh, most knights would prefer to have their horse ride them in to battle than fight beside a magic-user! Dwarves aren't big fans of magicians either. The Dragonarmies aren't seeking dabblers or green students either... they already have bozak and aurak draconian spellcasters in their ranks, not to mention dragons, so really only want proven battlemages of the Black Robes in their armies.

cetsuo
Greenhorne

Post by cetsuo » 16 Dec 2018 23:49

This was amazing, I was just starting to work out how the allegiance system for the mercenaries work because i wanted to try the krynn war. This will make things easier.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 17 Dec 2018 13:32

Arman wrote:Heh, most knights would prefer to have their horse ride them in to battle than fight beside a magic-user! Dwarves aren't big fans of magicians either. The Dragonarmies aren't seeking dabblers or green students either... they already have bozak and aurak draconian spellcasters in their ranks, not to mention dragons, so really only want proven battlemages of the Black Robes in their armies.
Excellent point.

Syrk
Rising Hero

War of the lance is broken

Post by Syrk » 14 Apr 2019 13:50

I just recently returned from a break and wished to participate in the Krynn War. But what i encountered was this:
It seems only one force is actively participating (which accidentaly i am a member of) and others gave up.
I would like to take a part but there is no way for me to get progress and of course no rewards.

Maybe there could be an AI force to fight againts when other human factions are dormant? Or is there something else what is broken?

Arman
Wizard

Re: War of the lance is broken

Post by Arman » 15 Apr 2019 04:57

Syrk wrote:I just recently returned from a break and wished to participate in the Krynn War. But what i encountered was this:
It seems only one force is actively participating (which accidentaly i am a member of) and others gave up.
I would like to take a part but there is no way for me to get progress and of course no rewards.

Maybe there could be an AI force to fight againts when other human factions are dormant? Or is there something else what is broken?
The map today looks quite different. To me there is still quite a bit of area flipping, with the Free People, Black Dragonarmy, Neidar and Red Dragonarmy all controlling areas.

Looking at the leaderboard, RDA are definitely dominating this war cycle though. If you look at the previous war reports, I think the only army that hadn't previously been participating was the RDA, so good to see them finally stepping up! :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/