Global change to guild skilling

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Raelle
Great Adventurer

Re: Global change to guild skilling

Post by Raelle » 29 May 2019 22:54

gold bezie wrote:but im still hoping that the wizards will keep that in mind and come up with a solution when this will happen.
it's my vague understanding that your awareness nerf will free up some 'points' in your guild that can then be allocated elsewhere to make monks stronger in combat.
hopefully that tradeoff will be made sooner rather than later.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 29 May 2019 23:12

Go Thieves!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 30 May 2019 01:46

gold bezie wrote:Arman if this will happen, this will mean indeed another lost for the Order of the Dragons.
I do understand why you want to do this... but you have not thought of our guild.

We have already a problem that lots of imbues are useles for monk. Then there is the unbreakable weapon situation, ive mentioned once on the forum, that other players can benefit from except us. And there are more issues that i do not want to discuss here, but are well known by Ckrik and the monks.

So if you want to go through with this i sincerely hope that you will think of a way to compensate our guild, or otherwise another great guild with a great history and great theme will end up as we have seen with the Rangers.
Thanks Gold bezie for raising this.

Even with the change of awareness from 'general' to 'thief' and a hefty cap penalty applied to the monks who are considered a 'fighter' guild, the skill offering of the monks still fits within the skill cap. So there won't be any changes for the OotD.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 30 May 2019 08:23

Yay.. thanks for explaining and reassuring me Arman
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 30 May 2019 19:32

There are awareness skill imbues.

How about block skill imbues?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 04 Jun 2019 08:23

So it seems this note was merely a justification to open new "rogue" guild with all the shiny stuff after explaining for quite some time (to members of other "rogue" guilds) that shiny stuff is not available "because guild type".

Cool!

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 04 Jun 2019 08:46

Almost every dungeon in RPGs are filled with traps. That's why having a thief on your team is crucial. This isn't the case in Genesis.

:idea:

How about loading Ghastly Keep/ogre caves/dark elves/troll caves/trollshaws/every closed xp area with randomly setup traps?! Ones that would paralyze you, burn you, splash you with acid, you name it! And once you trigger the trap a hoarde of enemies would flood you. Then and only then a kender would be the most valuable asset of your team with his disarm traps skill (I dont think that mercs can train it nor imbues can raise it).

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 04 Jun 2019 09:14

Rincon wrote:Almost every dungeon in RPGs are filled with traps. That's why having a thief on your team is crucial. This isn't the case in Genesis.

:idea:

How about loading Ghastly Keep/ogre caves/dark elves/troll caves/trollshaws/every closed xp area with randomly setup traps?! Ones that would paralyze you, burn you, splash you with acid, you name it! And once you trigger the trap a hoarde of enemies would flood you. Then and only then a kender would be the most valuable asset of your team with his disarm traps skill (I dont think that mercs can train it nor imbues can raise it).
just for the record:

Find/remove traps: superior layman

:P

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 04 Jun 2019 09:19

Oooops! Kenders can disarm traps just as good as dwarves. This cant be right, right Arman? ;-)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 04 Jun 2019 10:43

That's pretty much my point around why skilling for rogues had to change. Kender guild has had to make sacrifices to rogue thematic skills like f/r traps to have a few levels in the rogue foreign polearm skill and a little bit in defence.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/