Azure sword, but for evils

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Fairlight
Apprentice

Re: Azure sword, but for evils

Post by Fairlight » 03 Jun 2019 21:15

Well, the knuckles used to be nice...

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 05 Jun 2019 15:34

How bad is unarmed combat with empty hands compared to a good sword in the hands of a swordguru?
Assume same skill level and same stats.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Jun 2019 00:00

Mim wrote:How bad is unarmed combat with empty hands compared to a good sword in the hands of a swordguru?
Assume same skill level and same stats.
If the sword is good the difference is rather huge, monks can get good for short periods via karma but it's far from as efficient as a good blade, esp if it's the azure, wich is the best one hander available

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 06 Jun 2019 01:02

Now i never tested it, but i assume Draugor is right.
Thing is after the changes that our gear doesnt disappear after arma, the good weapons dont respawn as often as they used to... not sure about this, but it feels like it and i would understand totally why wizards would make this change...

I think karma was just invented because monks dont need to get weapons, so to make it all balanced we need to break good weapons to get stronger.
Now weapons stay and everyone (including newbies) are running around with imbued saving weapons, but we have to work harder on our karma... well im sure you can figure it out...
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 06 Jun 2019 09:54

Mim wrote:How bad is unarmed combat with empty hands compared to a good sword in the hands of a swordguru?
Assume the same skill level and the same stats.
If you, for instance, compare fight the same mobs by the same player with a foul stygion-black sword (I think it is quite a nice sword) vs unarmed, the fight without sword it is something like 70% longer than with a sword. I did once such a test when I was a Merc. So I do not compare strike with karma vs another special. Just mattack with a sword + white hits from sword vs mattack with unarmed and white hits from unarmed.

Poultry
Apprentice

Post by Poultry » 07 Jun 2019 08:30

Zugzug, I'm with you. We need more balance. Wouldn't it be nice to see as many big good players as evil players? Especially combat stats. Let's get on making your sword as soon as we balance the size differences.

Mother Poultry

PS
I believe this request is as ridiculous as yours.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 07 Jun 2019 18:33

Poultry wrote:Zugzug, I'm with you. We need more balance. Wouldn't it be nice to see as many big good players as evil players? Especially combat stats. Let's get on making your sword as soon as we balance the size differences.
Big "good" players is not that hard to fix, the people joining that side are in general as grindoriented, this is not really something wizards can or should bother with.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Jun 2019 19:34

This thread is about swords! But yeah, the "goodies" aren't as grindoriented as the "evils" and some of it is due the to restrictions/rules goodies place on themselves for RP purposes. I'm not saying that there aren't enough places to grind because there are lots.

Back to swords wish lists. I would like a sword version of the crystal axe and a goodie version of the life-stealer blade. holy crystal sword and life-giving blade please!

Oh, and can we get so see the white hits Carlis is suppose to dish out?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 07 Jun 2019 21:15

Johnny wrote:This thread is about swords! But yeah, the "goodies" aren't as grindoriented as the "evils" and some of it is due the to restrictions/rules goodies place on themselves for RP purposes.
Looks like you haven't met Calians yet :)

Additionally it's not only bout rules (ofc as a Ranger you are totally screwed in this department), it's just lot of goodie guilds are extremely underpowered (like the current holy trinity of crap: Archers, RoN and Kenders :) )

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 07 Jun 2019 22:17

Kvator wrote:Looks like you haven't met Calians yet :)
We need more west coast USA calians around... we need more west coast USA players in general.
Kvator wrote:Additionally it's not only bout rules (ofc as a Ranger you are totally screwed in this department), it's just lot of goodie guilds are extremely underpowered (like the current holy trinity of crap: Archers, RoN and Kenders :) )
We can still team! If anyone is willing to load up us up in their backpack haha. Get a ranger in your team (if they are allowed to team with you) and you won't have to leave a grinding area (well only if the ranger is stocked up for a grinding marathon).

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/