The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Which is more suited?

The Ticklers of Angmar
14%
The Masters of Slow Growth
10%
The Intentionally Held Back Experience Crew
10%
The Buzz Killjoys of the Misty Mountains
5%
The Elephants in the Room
5%
The Forgotten Plague of old who are now Innoculated
5%
The Unplayable Force of the Lich King
5%
The Snails of Experience
5%
The Masochist Army of Empty Guildhalls
43%

Total votes: 21

Kvator
Champion

Re: The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:28

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:Ohh and btw - where is the part in which I 'wish for kenders to be killing machines'? All I do is to call ur saying that SS i comparable to AA bullshit (cause it is a total bullshit).

I also pointed out (I started with that after all) that AA is far from 'unplayable' in Genesis (tbh the only really unplayable occ guild* in genesis are Archers atm, while SS and RoN being close to that).

* not counting occ versions of militia, warlocks etc ofc

It really isnt actually, AA is useless on all sides unless warlock cause you MUST have that boost unless you enjoy beeing by far the worst warrior guild in the realm :P For a warrior guild they are nowhere near where they should be and tankwise the kender evade is better than shieldblock, hell my little champ kender tanks like Nils does and Nils is a Myth, what makes Nils viable is warlocks atm.
Then Nils is doing something wrong. Yeren as a small legend AA/mino was able to tank Mithas pretty well.

AA is in the same tier as Glads, Ogres or Monks (Mercs are slightly higher due to their adaptability). Nothing spectacular, but you can do fine with correct setup.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jul 2019 13:29

Zugzug wrote:Comparing the person you are trying to have a conversation with to Hitler is a bit wacky, though. I wouldn't go so far, I always thought that Nils was more like Benito.
Nah, known strategy since the fifties.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 21 Jul 2019 13:30

Well Kvator.
They are supposed to be THE evil tank guild.
Comparable to Neidar.
Are they comparable to Neidar?
Are they even comparable to a Kender tanking?
No.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:30

Drazson wrote:It can't be easy being playful and energetic. There are people roaming who want to melt kenders into soap man.
Yes, if you read up on kenders you'd see that they where quite disliked in the books aswell cause of the way they are designed :P And quite often killed or jailed (alltho the latter lasted for like 20 minutes casue locking a kender up is futile) And as for SS they are themewise where they are supposed to. Angmar are not, I dont even know if you understand what you're arguing for at this point cause you seem to have no idea. Then again comparing people to hitler says it all :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:32

Zugzug wrote: You can be good and join the knights - you will have a special attack that's almost on par with the "best one" (dragonarmy slash/impale) but you will not be limited in damage type, almost not limited in weapon-type (get 3 skills), almost not limited by the pretend-brakes on caid (you will still get to use your horse for full bonus of defence/parry in situations where it's clearly absurd). You will get immunity to your main enemies special, you will get a powerful tank-rotator ability AND a crow-control ability, an impenetrable guildhome, etc, etc, etc. You see, YOU can get all that, but there is, unfortunately, no evil melee guild in genesis with even half of those abilities.
Isn't it funny that all these superb bonuses doesn't even make up for racial difference? :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:32

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:Ohh and btw - where is the part in which I 'wish for kenders to be killing machines'? All I do is to call ur saying that SS i comparable to AA bullshit (cause it is a total bullshit).

I also pointed out (I started with that after all) that AA is far from 'unplayable' in Genesis (tbh the only really unplayable occ guild* in genesis are Archers atm, while SS and RoN being close to that).

* not counting occ versions of militia, warlocks etc ofc

It really isnt actually, AA is useless on all sides unless warlock cause you MUST have that boost unless you enjoy beeing by far the worst warrior guild in the realm :P For a warrior guild they are nowhere near where they should be and tankwise the kender evade is better than shieldblock, hell my little champ kender tanks like Nils does and Nils is a Myth, what makes Nils viable is warlocks atm.
Then Nils is doing something wrong. Yeren as a small legend AA/mino was able to tank Mithas pretty well.

AA is in the same tier as Glads, Ogres or Monks (Mercs are slightly higher due to their adaptability). Nothing spectacular, but you can do fine with correct setup.
Tank as a glad half the damage, if even :P

Was this pre or post the last nerf? Cause I've watched him get spanked to shit in Darkelves out of all wimpy places, I believe 2 days ago? And that's with good damage behind him. I had little issue as a merc there, and themewise AA are supposed to be atleast decent tanks :P

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:34

Kvator wrote:
Zugzug wrote: You can be good and join the knights - you will have a special attack that's almost on par with the "best one" (dragonarmy slash/impale) but you will not be limited in damage type, almost not limited in weapon-type (get 3 skills), almost not limited by the pretend-brakes on caid (you will still get to use your horse for full bonus of defence/parry in situations where it's clearly absurd). You will get immunity to your main enemies special, you will get a powerful tank-rotator ability AND a crow-control ability, an impenetrable guildhome, etc, etc, etc. You see, YOU can get all that, but there is, unfortunately, no evil melee guild in genesis with even half of those abilities.
Isn't it funny that all these superb bonuses doesn't even make up for racial difference? :)

That's not taken into account when balancing yes and knight dwarves do quite fine since they really only differ in dex there as dis and int arent "that" huge, hell they are more or less perfect for knights alltho dwarves really belong on bears or boars not horses.

Tarlok
Apprentice

Post by Tarlok » 21 Jul 2019 13:37

nils wrote:
The combat aid for use of shield should transfer to the special when wielding a weapon in both hands.
I like your proposed solution to fix AA. I would recommend something similiar: when removing a shield or wielding a club without a shield the soldier smashes better. This would allow AA to use good 1 handers and not be restricted to smashing well with 2h only.

As you remove your shield you feel more confident with your smashing! (shield removed)
As you wield your club without a shield you feel extra confidence with smashing! (wield club no shield)
As you wear the shield you feel a bit less confident with your smashing. (shield equiped)

Something along these lines would be cool.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:37

Amberlee wrote:Well Kvator.
They are supposed to be THE evil tank guild.
Comparable to Neidar.
Are they comparable to Neidar?
Are they even comparable to a Kender tanking?
No.
They are better than kenders at tanking as I wrote already a number of times (better special doesn't make up for limitations on con and eq).

Goodie guilds are more specialized and team oriented (Calia/Neidar) while evil guilds are more balanced and better at soloing (DA/AA) - this is prolly some kind of planned design - is it good or bad? I am not sure, I just know that there are bigger issues in game design atm (thieve skills almost not working etc).

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 21 Jul 2019 13:38

Keep the Sieg-e going untermenschen! This is heil-arious!
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/