The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Which is more suited?

The Ticklers of Angmar
14%
The Masters of Slow Growth
10%
The Intentionally Held Back Experience Crew
10%
The Buzz Killjoys of the Misty Mountains
5%
The Elephants in the Room
5%
The Forgotten Plague of old who are now Innoculated
5%
The Unplayable Force of the Lich King
5%
The Snails of Experience
5%
The Masochist Army of Empty Guildhalls
43%

Total votes: 21

Draugor
Myth

Re: The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:39

Kvator wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Well Kvator.
They are supposed to be THE evil tank guild.
Comparable to Neidar.
Are they comparable to Neidar?
Are they even comparable to a Kender tanking?
No.
They are better than kenders at tanking as I wrote already a number of times (better special doesn't make up for limitations on con and eq).

Goodie guilds are more specialized and team oriented (Calia/Neidar) while evil guilds are more balanced and better at soloing (DA/AA) - this is prolly some kind of planned design - is it good or bad? I am not sure, I just know that there are bigger issues in game design atm (thieve skills almost not working etc).
Again, con doesent matter for guildbalance and what do you mean EQ? They cant wear armours? :P A kender dodges ALOT more than AA cover attacks

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:41

Draugor wrote: Tank as a glad half the damage, if even :P

Was this pre or post the last nerf? Cause I've watched him get spanked to shit in Darkelves out of all wimpy places, I believe 2 days ago? And that's with good damage behind him. I had little issue as a merc there, and themewise AA are supposed to be atleast decent tanks :P
Thats entirely possible! Because he' in mercs since a month or two (got kicked from AA due to some bug or align issue and decided to try something else). Now as a myth Merc/Lock he's tanking waaaay worse than he used as AA/mino legend.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:42

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Amberlee wrote:Well Kvator.
They are supposed to be THE evil tank guild.
Comparable to Neidar.
Are they comparable to Neidar?
Are they even comparable to a Kender tanking?
No.
They are better than kenders at tanking as I wrote already a number of times (better special doesn't make up for limitations on con and eq).

Goodie guilds are more specialized and team oriented (Calia/Neidar) while evil guilds are more balanced and better at soloing (DA/AA) - this is prolly some kind of planned design - is it good or bad? I am not sure, I just know that there are bigger issues in game design atm (thieve skills almost not working etc).
Again, con doesent matter for guildbalance and what do you mean EQ? They cant wear armours? :P A kender dodges ALOT more than AA cover attacks
Kenders can't wear shield for their specials to work. Shield is like essential eq for tanking in Genesis. Race stats should be taken into account in 'one race guilds'. Curren kender design is like basing Neidar specials on dex.

I also wonder if u know about 'focus on defence' command (with it cover is comparable to evade)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:45

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote: Tank as a glad half the damage, if even :P

Was this pre or post the last nerf? Cause I've watched him get spanked to shit in Darkelves out of all wimpy places, I believe 2 days ago? And that's with good damage behind him. I had little issue as a merc there, and themewise AA are supposed to be atleast decent tanks :P
Thats entirely possible! Because he' in mercs since a month or two (got kicked from AA due to some bug or align issue and decided to try something else). Now as a myth Merc/Lock he's tanking waaaay worse than he used as AA/mino legend.

Then he's doing something wrong :D Merc/Warlock and I was very esially able to grind keep solo, decent pace too, solo AA on the other hand was not pretty :P

And that's not a bug, relog when you're not evil enough and the guild is supposed to toss you

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:47

Kvator wrote:
Kenders can't wear shield for their specials to work. Shield is like essential eq for tanking in Genesis. Race stats should be taken into account in 'one race guilds'. Curren kender design is like basing Neidar specials on dex.

I also wonder if u know about 'focus on defence' command (with it cover is comparable to evade)

No it really isnt? 2 handed weapon wrecking GK with little issue as merc/Warlock :P
Yea and if you focus on defence you do EVEN LESS damage (wich I thought was impossible) And that's when you manage to barely move above kender evade, barely.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:51

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:

No it really isnt? 2 handed weapon wrecking GK with little issue as merc/Warlock :P
Yea and if you focus on defence you do EVEN LESS damage (wich I thought was impossible) And that's when you manage to barely move above kender evade, barely.
AA focused on def (with proper race) do same/better dmg as kenders with sling (better weapon skill, no strength restrictions) - and they tank waaaay better then

and wrecking with 2 handed weapon part - gobbos are OP, Warlocks are OP :) - I thought it's a common knowledge
Last edited by Kvator on 21 Jul 2019 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 13:53

Kvator wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:

AA focused on def (with proper race) do same dmg as kenders with sling (better weapon skill, no strength restrictions) - and they tank waaaay better then
No you actually hit less with your normal attack and that's the thing aint it "With proper race" Race is not a factor. Guild is. And didnt kenders get a skillboost? Atleast sup master I take it or they where just mean to the thieving little shits.

And no, not way better, barely better :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 13:57

log ur kender and check it for yourself :)

race should be a factor in balancing guild (taking into account min maxing that players do constanly) - if it's not then balancing team is doing it wrong (as expected :) )

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Jul 2019 14:02

Kvator wrote:log ur kender and check it for yourself :)

race should be a factor in balancing guild (taking into account min maxing that players do constanly) - if it's not then balancing team is doing it wrong (as expected :) )
Busy on my main but I have already checked it, quite alot when playing him :) I have also checked how it actually is as AA. It's not my fault you're wrong :P

And if you take race into account we need to make all guilds one-racial cause any guild that has multiple will be gimped in one way or another compared to their guildmembers :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 14:13

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:log ur kender and check it for yourself :)

Busy on my main but I have already checked it, quite alot when playing him :) I have also checked how it actually is as AA. It's not my fault you're wrong :P

And if you take race into account we need to make all guilds one-racial cause any guild that has multiple will be gimped in one way or another compared to their guildmembers :P
It's already like this anyway. You can pick gobbo for this guild? 90% of members are gobbo etc.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/