The Official Kender sucks thread!

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Meercat
Beginner

The Official Kender sucks thread!

Post by Meercat » 21 Jul 2019 16:13

Post your complaints here, people. Stop derailing other people's threads, now you have one of your very own.

Kvator
Champion

Re: The Official Kender sucks thread!

Post by Kvator » 21 Jul 2019 16:16

Just for the record. I was third person (after ZZ and Draugor) to actually mention SS in Angmar thread :)

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 21 Jul 2019 19:49

The new skill cap helped me out quite a bit, but I have nothing to compare with. It is quite funny that we work as a tank guild when we are supposed to be rogue like. I do hope that the rogue part get looked at soon, as I feel quite alone most of the time. I am sure other SS have the same feeling.
Even if you say SS is a role-playing guild it has to function in combat,- as this the core of the game. You can't "live" on role-play, and it is a dam shame a fine guild would have to suffer on that account, especially when it is OCC. A lay I could understand, but not a OCC.
Perhaps a few ideas, or tweaks could help improve this.
It could be great if we could dodge behind team members if somebody takes offence to being taunted. Could be a toggle and a random chance.
Now about that backstab skill. This is supposed be useful for rogues but SS cant' use this for some reason(i have never gotten it to work anyway) What about an adaption like other thief like skills.
Lets call it sneak attak. I think this could be a great help and it keeps in line with the over all theme as kenders and as a rogue guild.
Now for general skills
What is acrobatics useful for anyway?
That being said the kenders has some of the best emotes in the game. Now if you could only kill with laughter.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 21 Jul 2019 23:59

Celemir wrote: What is acrobatics useful for anyway?
Is it not a quest where you dance on a line, where acrobatics is needed?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Jul 2019 00:48

Celemir wrote:The new skill cap helped me out quite a bit, but I have nothing to compare with. It is quite funny that we work as a tank guild when we are supposed to be rogue like. I do hope that the rogue part get looked at soon, as I feel quite alone most of the time. I am sure other SS have the same feeling.
Even if you say SS is a role-playing guild it has to function in combat,- as this the core of the game. You can't "live" on role-play, and it is a dam shame a fine guild would have to suffer on that account, especially when it is OCC. A lay I could understand, but not a OCC.
It could be great if we could dodge behind team members if somebody takes offence to being taunted. Could be a toggle and a random chance.
Now about that backstab skill. This is supposed be useful for rogues but SS cant' use this for some reason(i have never gotten it to work anyway) What about an adaption like other thief like skills.
Lets call it sneak attak. I think this could be a great help and it keeps in line with the over all theme as kenders and as a rogue guild.
Now for general skills
That being said the kenders has some of the best emotes in the game. Now if you could only kill with laughter.
Acrobat isn't a useful skill at the moment, however we have some plans to make it more useful and functional. Stay tuned.

We considered adding backstab and knife skill to the kender guild... but some immortals had issues with it (they argued no-one would use it), and going back to the source material kenders apparently don't get any benefit from backstab. They aren't that kind of rogue.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Jul 2019 09:10

Arman wrote:
Celemir wrote:The new skill cap helped me out quite a bit, but I have nothing to compare with. It is quite funny that we work as a tank guild when we are supposed to be rogue like. I do hope that the rogue part get looked at soon, as I feel quite alone most of the time. I am sure other SS have the same feeling.
Now for general skills
Acrobat isn't a useful skill at the moment, however we have some plans to make it more useful and functional. Stay tuned.

We considered adding backstab and knife skill to the kender guild... but some immortals had issues with it (they argued no-one would use it), and going back to the source material kenders apparently don't get any benefit from backstab. They aren't that kind of rogue.
Yea kenders backstabbing goes very harshly against what a kender is xD I'd have gone up alittle more in polearm tho and the defensives, well in defence specifically as they are a bunch of dodgy little shits

Celemir
Wanderer

Post by Celemir » 22 Jul 2019 10:29

Arman wrote:
Now for general skills

Kender does in indeed not backstab, but it could be changed to a sneak attack/flank attack(backstab can be used in combat now right?) like the steal skill, as we all know kenders don't steal.
Anyway just through it would be nice to get to use of our knife skill and all what the thief class supports, and perhaps change the image of a light tank to a useful team member in the dammage department.

I would also be nice if the attempt to peek at other peoples stuff would not fail so often. It is for there own good after all, just to make sure they don't loose Anyting.

Looking forward what are in tore for the Acrobat skill, and other rogue like skills for that matter.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2019 10:56

Celemir wrote:like the steal skill, as we all know kenders don't steal.
Imho pick pocket should be removed completely and kenders shouldn't be able to steal 'on-command'. Instead auto-borrow should happen more often with close to 100% success rate (gems and coins excluded as they're not interesting for kender).

And boost sling ofc :P

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2019 10:59

Arman wrote: We considered adding backstab and knife skill to the kender guild... but some immortals had issues with it (they argued no-one would use it)
But knife skill was added after all (dunno why tbh) - some kind of omission?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Jul 2019 14:16

Kvator wrote:
Arman wrote: We considered adding backstab and knife skill to the kender guild... but some immortals had issues with it (they argued no-one would use it)
But knife skill was added after all (dunno why tbh) - some kind of omission?

Really have to agree with Kvator here, daggers for kenders? But why? :P That's a pure waste of points. Or well, kenders carried small knives but didnt use em much other than cutting stuff to steal shit :P Cuz thieves.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/