Ogres and their morals... or lack thereof

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

Ogres and their morals... or lack thereof

Post by Syrk » 22 Jul 2019 00:14

There is a new genration of Ogres reaching myth status already. I had an encounter and talk with one of them as we dissagreed on one thing.

The situation is like this:
I am in a room and there are corpses of enemies i killed on the round. Then an ogre enters the room and quickly takes heads off from the corpses, and leaves.

This is nothing new and has been happening since opening of that guild. However I consider such a situation a theft. It was no problem when Ogres were apologetic and we all moved on.
Now some ogres disagree. They say that I have no need for the heads, so they are not mine. Then is not a theft.
I still consider it so. Even if not a theft, then despoiling my corpses means lack of respect.
Anyway, Ogres should be aware that such a view can be enforced. It may be wise to ask before taking and fix the scripts not to take heads from all corpses but just the ones of enemies they killed themselves.

I guess not paying attention to beginners looting without asking has created new standards.

Kvator
Champion

Re: Ogres and their morals... or lack thereof

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2019 11:02

Looks like looking for any excuse to PK tbh :P

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 22 Jul 2019 14:10

Syrk wrote:There is a new genration of Ogres reaching myth status already. I had an encounter and talk with one of them as we dissagreed on one thing.

The situation is like this:
I am in a room and there are corpses of enemies i killed on the round. Then an ogre enters the room and quickly takes heads off from the corpses, and leaves.

This is nothing new and has been happening since opening of that guild. However I consider such a situation a theft. It was no problem when Ogres were apologetic and we all moved on.
Now some ogres disagree. They say that I have no need for the heads, so they are not mine. Then is not a theft.
I still consider it so. Even if not a theft, then despoiling my corpses means lack of respect.
Anyway, Ogres should be aware that such a view can be enforced. It may be wise to ask before taking and fix the scripts not to take heads from all corpses but just the ones of enemies they killed themselves.

I guess not paying attention to beginners looting without asking has created new standards.

So just kill the little shit, simple.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 23 Jul 2019 23:42

I think that Genesis has taken a wrong turn along the history... people started accusing others of double standards, whining on the forums, complaining to the AoP, enforcing their view on how others should play the game, etc.

Back in the ol' days people would have written a story out of it for younger generations to pass on. Something along the lines:

'While I was in the middle of performing one of my darkest rituals to please the malevolent King in Yellow, my fingers covered in gore of my fallen foe, its guts spilled on the floor before me, writhing slowly into a secret shape, which design was known only to me I heard a loud thundering noise... No! I thought to myself. I must please the king. This is only what matters. I ferverently started to pile the guts, hoping they would merge into the secretive sign and be offered to my deity as reward. Then a lurking horror stormed into the cave - a towering ogre, its eyes shooting everywhere, but somehow I knew they didn't register what they saw. His massive feet stomped all over my sacrifice, leaving a bloody mess. All for naught. My king will be displeased. To top it all, the mindless ogre tore the head from my fallen victim. But then a new idea began to form. Perhaps the King shall be pleased after all. I looked up and down the huge ogre. Yes... He shall.' And so on, and so on...

Syrk, just a tip. I think if you came up with some sort of a RP story describing the incident you would've gained a lot of fans. People would copy/paste your note, just like they did with Deoprolius' (or how you spell his name) during AA wars. Newbies would think 'wow, this Syrk is pretty cool. I want to RP just like him. My character can do anything'.

But bringing this into a forum like this, just proves that you're a dick looking for an excuse to pkill a bot, who did no harm. Just to remind you, because it seems like you forgot. You were botting in Faerun when you were AA and stole kills from me on several occassions. I finally got pissed, left your ass barely alive and mailed you. I never whined on the forums or to the AoP. Just so you know. Would it be so hard for you to leave the ogre barely alive and mail him with a warning?

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 24 Jul 2019 02:00

Deproelius was a master.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 24 Jul 2019 12:38

He was also a giant phallus.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 24 Jul 2019 17:19

Mersereau wrote:He was also a giant phallus.
Takes one to know one.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 25 Jul 2019 01:32

I know you are but what am I?
Last edited by Mersereau on 25 Jul 2019 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 25 Jul 2019 14:30

:? here i am checking every day the Flames and now you guys bringing it secretly here?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/