The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Which is more suited?

The Ticklers of Angmar
14%
The Masters of Slow Growth
10%
The Intentionally Held Back Experience Crew
10%
The Buzz Killjoys of the Misty Mountains
5%
The Elephants in the Room
5%
The Forgotten Plague of old who are now Innoculated
5%
The Unplayable Force of the Lich King
5%
The Snails of Experience
5%
The Masochist Army of Empty Guildhalls
43%

Total votes: 21

Zugzug
Veteran

Re: The Army of Angmar needs a new name.

Post by Zugzug » 22 Jul 2019 16:20

nils wrote:
Arman wrote:The right thing to do is implement the global fix. I am not a fan of a temporary solution... and as for priorities for fixing, the AA sit behind rangers and monks.
I respect the notion of introducing global fixes, but when chances are they are delayed by years, not weeks, temporary fixes are rightfully called for until global change is ready. And sure, I agree rangers and monks need fixing, but again - the fix I'm suggesting takes about as much time as it takes to boot whatever FTP-client is used, while Rangers and Monks require massive re-codes lacking manpower (or maybe, for some, will) to do so. Meanwhile, the Army of Angmar suffers needlessly for years.

Again, if you can't spare time to, I can point to someone who can.
Well, in all honesty sometimes temporary ("temporary") fixes like all equipment in the game becoming forever-saving seems like big, phat blunder that was rushed to market and really the game probably would be better off with the original sub-optimal system.

Also, I disagree with you saying that Angmar suffers needlessly, I think giving an evil melee guild a move behind ability was a genius move. It both didn't improve the evil tank guild in question and quelled all talk that "evil melee guilds don't have a tank rotation ability". So keep Angmar sucky and shut up any critics. Two (evil) birds, one stone. There is definitely logic to this madness :)

edit: I came across the actual moment when that idea was suggested:

Darken Rahl
Apprentice

Post by Darken Rahl » 27 Jul 2019 12:46

Hilarious names :P

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 09 Sep 2019 15:17

Draugor wrote:
22 Jul 2019 14:13
They should atleast be good at something
AA is better at sneaking and hiding than Rangers. That is something.

Personally I've always thought of AA as a direct counter to Rangers (they don't really care about being disarmed, can sneak around just as well if not better etc.). I guess that many people still view this guild through the lenses of "good ol' times", when the game was completely different and we didn't really have players that were myth++ sized running around.

Back then most players were in the veteran-hero range and I can assure you that AA in combat at those levels is perfectly fine (at rising hero you get similar clear speeds with Glads and AA, at least I didn't notice any significant downgrade when one of my chars switched guilds).

The real question here is how balancing should work? Should we adjust everything with priority being set on myth+ grinding? Should we set things up for PvP or PvE? (I wonder if PvP is even still a thing in Genesis...)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 09 Sep 2019 16:32

The administration realised they were wrong and fixed the Army of Angmar.

And no, the Army of Angmar has never been better sneakers/hiders than Rangers due to the lack of auto-sneak. It has always been a worthless skill to all but thieves.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 10 Sep 2019 06:25

Zhar wrote:
09 Sep 2019 15:17
Draugor wrote:
22 Jul 2019 14:13
They should atleast be good at something
AA is better at sneaking and hiding than Rangers. That is something.

Personally I've always thought of AA as a direct counter to Rangers (they don't really care about being disarmed, can sneak around just as well if not better etc.). I guess that many people still view this guild through the lenses of "good ol' times", when the game was completely different and we didn't really have players that were myth++ sized running around.

Back then most players were in the veteran-hero range and I can assure you that AA in combat at those levels is perfectly fine (at rising hero you get similar clear speeds with Glads and AA, at least I didn't notice any significant downgrade when one of my chars switched guilds).

The real question here is how balancing should work? Should we adjust everything with priority being set on myth+ grinding? Should we set things up for PvP or PvE? (I wonder if PvP is even still a thing in Genesis...)
Rangers of the north get Guru with their cloaks :P So...
And now AA are in a good place, they are decent damage solo now so they arent completely useless

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/