Weaponmasters, again.

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth
Wizard

Re: Weaponmasters, again.

Post by Greneth » 28 Sep 2019 05:05

I always hate the argument coming from the diversity side. If you want to argue diversity then add more diversity. Because right now what we have is very little and what is available locks you into a role that you might not want for you character. Much like Nils pointed out with his views for his character idea. It's a lot of code work, I'm not even going to refute that but you can't shout diversity and then offer a handful of forced roles. If anything a guild that can be integrated into nearly any fighting guild would be the most diverse guild of them all. You allow the player to make up their own backstory and play how they want to.

When it comes to something like the Weaponmasters it is a true blue neutral choice for anyone so that they can design their character into any role they wish. The big dumb Ogre doesnt have to join an Army, Warlocks, Templars or Elementals and align themselves with anyone. They can quite literally be just a big dumb Ogre with no allegiances to anyone but the Dark Ones. Yet the only other viable choice they have right now would be to join the Pirates... wooo. Nothing screams amazing like an Ogre Pirate. Too dumb to do most things but can somehow navigate a ship, makes sense.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 28 Sep 2019 11:53

Then, like I mentioned earlier, the easiest solution would be to make a layman version of Gladiators that gives you only charge. It's a simple special that doesn't care about the weapon or lack thereof.

My only worry is that such a move would pretty much empty many layman guilds (and probably some OCC guilds too).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 30 Sep 2019 05:14

Zhar wrote:
26 Sep 2019 14:22

If all you really care about is offensive power and you're hell-bent on becoming a blademaster then simply join a guild which lets you do just that. There are plenty of options on both sides of the alignment spectrum.
"Plenty" of options on both sides? :P Dont you mean some "There is one option on one side if lucky"? Want polearms? Goodie, Militia. Club? Angmar. Daggers? Thieves. Unarmed? Templar. One option provided you fit the align :P

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 30 Sep 2019 10:27

Zhar wrote:
28 Sep 2019 11:53
Then, like I mentioned earlier, the easiest solution would be to make a layman version of Gladiators that gives you only charge. It's a simple special that doesn't care about the weapon or lack thereof.

My only worry is that such a move would pretty much empty many layman guilds (and probably some OCC guilds too).
If that was the case then everyone would be Warlocks or EW right?
And after the magix layman "fix" that isn't the case.
Fact is that defensive specials are much more important that DPS specials for the majority of guilds.
So yeah it adds options but still wouldn't be hugely popular.
If it was then guilds such as knights and BDA would sport a LOT more Blademasters, yeah?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 30 Sep 2019 11:38

I'm wondering how such a thing would affect guilds like the Neidar for example. Technically they can still get an offensive special by joining the militia and using hackchack, but this would be completely different as they could now have great offense and defense while using any weapon they want.

I'm also not sure if having everything being equal is a good thing. On one hand if you can have good offense and defense regardless of your guild choices it might prompt people to join guilds based on their RP preference rather than power level. On the other hand it might become a bit dull.

I guess that to make everything fair we'd need to introduce both a generic offensive guild and a defensive one, which anyone can join and whose theme is completely neutral whatever.

Not a super fan of that though.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Oct 2019 03:19

You already have a completely neutral generic defensive layman.
It's the pirates.
And you also have one for goodies.. Militia.
And for evils.. Templars.

What's lacking is a generic DPS melee layman that doesn't depend on a particular weapon type.
Something that would in fact be good for the game.
So yes that would actually be a good thing.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Saimon
Wanderer

Post by Saimon » 02 Oct 2019 22:48

Amberlee wrote:
02 Oct 2019 03:19
(...)
What's lacking is a generic DPS melee layman that doesn't depend on a particular weapon type.
(...)
There is such a guild - Minotaurs. Pure dps, and doesn't depend on weapon. In fact it is Zhar's layman version of Gladiators. I don't think lay Glads would have bigger dps.

Another melee lay are Monks :lol:

Sorry it was not the best joke.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Oct 2019 01:44

Saimon wrote:
02 Oct 2019 22:48
Amberlee wrote:
02 Oct 2019 03:19
(...)
(...)
There is such a guild - Minotaurs. Pure dps, and doesn't depend on weapon. In fact it is Zhar's layman version of Gladiators. I don't think lay Glads would have bigger dps.

Another melee lay are Monks :lol:

Sorry it was not the best joke.

Minotaurs demand a racial slot and is thus not open to all guilds.
Monk layman is at best terrible and is controlled by an OCC guild.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 03 Oct 2019 16:13

When people are too lazy to read.
Saimon wrote:
There is such a guild - Minotaurs. Pure dps, and doesn't depend on weapon.
nils wrote:
26 Sep 2019 13:10
Because he cannot be a blademaster the only option is becoming a cow. Nils is not a cow.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Oct 2019 06:09

Saimon wrote:

Sure, if you want to be a minotaur and loose all acces to helmets (Champron not included)A layman that needs ONE specific race and that race alone is just silly, now I like the minotaurs but it's no weaponmaster guild

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/