Blocking, pfighting and the old days.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhynox
Titan

Re: Blocking, pfighting and the old days.

Post by Rhynox » 28 Jun 2010 21:26

I wouldn't know. However, I believe there are more players who would play more often if the playerbase were equaled, stats capped, old mortal level titles restored, and everyone started from scratch. At least, more than the current 30 active players.

Thinking in the health of the game, you can't have a good balance if the characters are so big and different. It would also protect those who are smaller that are nowadays the only ones suffering the consequences of a few pfighters gone berserk. Besides, with many complaining about bots to grow or gather coins or boosted quest experience, this should solve all that as well.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 28 Jun 2010 22:48

Rhynox wrote:I wouldn't know. However, I believe there are more players who would play more often if the playerbase were equaled, stats capped, old mortal level titles restored, and everyone started from scratch. At least, more than the current 30 active players.

Thinking in the health of the game, you can't have a good balance if the characters are so big and different. It would also protect those who are smaller that are nowadays the only ones suffering the consequences of a few pfighters gone berserk. Besides, with many complaining about bots to grow or gather coins or boosted quest experience, this should solve all that as well.

Well alot of it is that fighting some guilds with really really special abilities is hell, fighting a ranger without an unbrawleable weapon is not to fun, and since it aint hard for em to escape it doesent really make for a good fight either. Same with calians etc. Come to think about it, is there any evil guilds with a "special" specialattack like that? Most of them are pure damaging right? A special that matters much that is? RDA have bleed... not a huge upgrade lets face it, BDA have the curse thing, its actually pretty nice, shield from angmar, but neither of them are a "primary" special special :P

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 28 Jun 2010 22:58

Draugor wrote: Well alot of it is that fighting some guilds with really really special abilities is hell, fighting a ranger without an unbrawleable weapon is not to fun, and since it aint hard for em to escape it doesent really make for a good fight either. Same with calians etc. Come to think about it, is there any evil guilds with a "special" specialattack like that? Most of them are pure damaging right? A special that matters much that is? RDA have bleed... not a huge upgrade lets face it, BDA have the curse thing, its actually pretty nice, shield from angmar, but neither of them are a "primary" special special :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Rhynox
Titan

Post by Rhynox » 28 Jun 2010 23:00

Players of evil characters just want to deal damage. If they were given ranger abilities and were not able to kill anyone (just like the rangers), and on the contrary the good guilds were given spellcasting powers to turn them into living torches and cinder in three seconds, I am sure they would complain.

They just join the guilds that offer the best PvP possibilities, ogres and angmar nowadays. So, I don't think any wizard should waste his time coding something they would never use.

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2010 00:05

Rhynox wrote:Players of evil characters just want to deal damage. If they were given ranger abilities and were not able to kill anyone (just like the rangers), and on the contrary the good guilds were given spellcasting powers to turn them into living torches and cinder in three seconds, I am sure they would complain.

They just join the guilds that offer the best PvP possibilities, ogres and angmar nowadays. So, I don't think any wizard should waste his time coding something they would never use.

I'd gladly sacrifice my smash for a really cool special special that didnt do any real damage but had a nice effect on some other plane

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 29 Jun 2010 00:50

you have fear from Necro, it is really nasty spell and make chaos in enemy team

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 29 Jun 2010 01:54

Irk wrote:you have fear from Necro, it is really nasty spell and make chaos in enemy team
Okay, specifying OCC guild then, thought that was obvious :P

Maizara

Post by Maizara » 29 Jun 2010 07:56

Irk wrote:you have fear from Necro, it is really nasty spell and make chaos in enemy team
They also have alot of other cool little abilities :P

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 29 Jun 2010 08:26

Aren't necro's pretty much an OCC guild anways? lol

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Jun 2010 09:32

Not any more.. :( :lol:

So I am curious as to the perception of how things are now versus the "old days?"
Isn't Bale the new Monika?
Irk, Ahith and Morg at a similar place to where Dionysos, Morrison and Mariuz where?
Chade and Poet like Morpheus + ?.
Give us some more examples of the old way and how that contrasts with the new.
Last edited by Tarax the Terrible on 29 Jun 2010 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/