Acrobatics and combat

All Genesis Common Board Messages get directed here. Discuss and comment!
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Acrobatics and combat

Post by Arman » 30 Sep 2020 15:40

Drazson wrote:
30 Sep 2020 13:17
Before this change, we wouldn't, for example, have cases of skill redundancy in combat too easily. Now, using Kender/Pirate as an example, one can more easily pay double combat aid for overlapping acrobatics. Is that something that is taken into consideration in some way?

Besides troubling thoughts, I love making more skills relevant :)
Skills aren't counted in combat aid cap for specials, if that is what you mean.

I think there has always been skill overlap with racial and layman guilds. For example a Rockfriend racial has x skill in club and axe, which is redundant to a Neidar.

Quantum
Adept

Post by Quantum » 20 Oct 2020 18:56

I like how some people in this thread are talking about how monks can move on, but monks do not currently have acrobat skill. Zero levels. So being able to move on from shields is not an option.

The monks would love to loose shields and get acrobatics though. Feel free to update us.

Or remove herbalism and give us that many levels of acrobatics. Also a great option! :D

Quantum

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 21 Oct 2020 01:58

Ckrik is on it!

TaranGoatWalker
Great Adventurer

Post by TaranGoatWalker » 23 Oct 2020 01:02

may i add that i believe that monk's herbalism (stemming from that of the kahedans) is a key part of them
segoy taughtto live, not to fight
of course,i'm not even a monk, just wanted to chip in
Stabby stabby stab stab.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/